Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:35 AM   #1

This is ahand-held 9-shot panoI took todayfrom a pull-out on the old highway south of Vernon, Fuji S5200, stitched with AutoStitch.

(Sorry my car's in there, but I had nowhere else to put it.:angry
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:58 AM   #2

Hi toshi! I don't mind the car in the shotat all, you live in a really beautiful area! Very nice stitch job!!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:50 PM   #3

Thanks, Bob. I'm trying to enjoy what little sunshine we have left. By the time winter comes, we're usually so socked-in by low-lying clouds that pictures like this are impossible.

You're right - this is a very beautiful area, probably too beautiful. Vernon's being gentrified into a high-end resort community not unlike Whistler, but on an even larger scale. It's not the quiet, beautiful little place that attracted me here thirty years ago.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:42 PM   #4

Your car presents a contrasting and therefore complementary colour element in the image! I think this is your first panowork that I see,but an assertive onecomprising9 shots I wonder if you did that by using the stitch mode on your camera. If yes, remember that you can often do better simply shooting the photos at M modesticking tothe same exposure valuesas much as possible and then stitchingthe photosusing the the software presumably provided along with your camera. Again, well done, toshi!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:56 PM   #5

Thanks so much, Bahadir. Actually, the S5200 has nopanorama mode. I put the camera in Program AE mode andused the viewfinder grid-lines to help keep thingslined upand then over-lapped each image by about a third. I actuallyleft outa couple of shots that would have been included at the right of thispano because their exposures were noticeably different. I use a very nice free program called AutoStitch to make panos . It has a gain compensation setting that easily takes care of minor exposure differences.It's available at www.photo-freeware.net.