Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:38 AM   #11

Thank you, Don, for your kind comments and your suggestion for me to look into the Helicon program. I checked out the webside and agree, it looks just like what I need. Unfortunately, it only comes in a Windows version - my computers are all Macintosh. That's too bad, because it looks like it is a great piece of software.

Thanks again, though! Ria
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:41 AM   #12

P.S. I forgot to say, Don, that I love your avatar! Do those flowers (orchids, maybe?) grow in Ablilene? Ria
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:56 AM   #13

hi you must remember you cannot get back a badly exposed photo in ps or any other software program, you may if you are lucky get a little bit of it back without spoiling the photo, if you shot raw you get a better chance, but try and get the exposure right in the first place and you are half the way there.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:08 AM   #14

Hi, Alex:

I appreciate your comments; that is sound advice. Normally, I would have just re-shot the scene; you are correct that getting the right exposure would definitely have been the best option. Unfortunately, a cold front came in the next day and blew off most of the needles. The few that are left have turned brown.

So, these images are all I have to work with until next year. Hopefully I will be able to re-shoot then, but there is no guarantee of that. The Bald Cypress are struggling in my part of the world due to a ravaging cycle of flood/drought. We have already lost many of our oldest, unfortunately. That is why I felt I needed to spend so much time on the images ...

Thanks again, Ria