Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:08 PM   #11

I use the EyeOne system by Gretagmacbeth. I chose it because it would build profiles for my monitor AND do a reflective check of my printer output and build a profile for it also. I have been very pleased with it so far. I am thinking about purchasing the additional camera module that would build a profile for my specific camera. I am not sure how that works but it sounds interesting. It also has modules for scanners and some other stuff I believe.

I really got into color management when people wanted to buy some of my photos and have them printed at a commercial printer because I could make them large enough. That means that your color has to match the commercial printer's color profile (i.e. what looks red on your computer using Adobe 1998 should look the same on his system if both of your systems are calibrated correctly). It gets confusing.

The system is a bit pricey but it does a great job.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:55 PM   #12

Hey, Curmudgeon. About your last post; I was on a site reading about color management solutions or Apple LCD's just a moment ago. They also recommended EyeOne.

http://www.colormanagement.nl/site/index.php?intl Ria

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote