Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 8, 2006, 6:19 PM   #1

Here is a panoramic that I did of the area near the airport here in Hobart, Tasmania.

Sorry for the size, as I am linking from a gallery that has already set sizes, the original is too big for here. But I can post if you really want me too.

Ollie

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:06 AM   #2

Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
But I can post if you really want me too.
Oh please do, Ollie...Ilove suchimages depicting endless landscapes, which is really a treat forthe spirit
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:25 AM   #3

Good morning from Indiana Ollie! I love it, I second bahadirs motion to add the large version!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:14 AM   #4

excellent job ollie, lovely photo.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:17 AM   #5

G'day guys,

well as requested the large version. Actually this is actually smaller then the original size that I have, but it is the smallest I have of the larger size. Gee if that sentence don't mess up your brain cells I don't know what will.

Over on the right of the shot was the smoke from some bushfires nearby on the day. And had I panned around even further past the line of trees and 90degrees to the right you would have seen a second stream of billowing smoke for more fires that day.

Needless to say say it is all under control, thanks to some top fire fighting teams.

Having said that though, there were more fires today, a few days on. Getting hot down under.

Ollie

Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:09 PM   #6

Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
G'day guys,

well as requested the large version. Actually this is actually smaller then the original size that I have, but it is the smallest I have of the larger size. Gee if that sentence don't mess up your brain cells I don't know what will.
No problem actually, unless the larger size, the smallest version of which you've already posted,is actually not the original size itself:blah:

Btw, I must say, slidingonmy computer screen,I felt like runningin thiswhopping imge

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:54 PM   #7

My first thought was that you used a polarizer, which doesn't work very well for panoramas.
But it seems more likely the clouds are varying the blue sky.

If you don't like people messing with your photos I would be happy to delete this with apologies.
But I think a little shadow/highlight from Photoshop draws less attention to the lighting variations, especially on the ground.
I would probably mask out the trees on the right and leave them original, but it was just a quick and dirty.

Tasmania is one of those mysterious sounding places I never managed to visit.
Your panorama is a nice vicarious visit though.

Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:43 PM   #8

I am glad that you noticed Slipe. In fact that one section that you speak of on the ground where it is darker is due to me not processing that one shot properly before I put it into the shot. By the way, the sky was like that and if you look carefully you can see the suns rays in the mid to right hand side of the shot. To the left you could focus more easily on the sky and as I turned to take the shots the sun got harsher and harsher, hence the different sky.

You get the idea of the landscape though which is good.

Ollie
Old Dec 10, 2006, 4:34 AM   #9

yes it is noticeable but a very good shot to say the least, I don't know if you have done many panoramic shots but they are quite difficult, but the shot its

self is very good.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:40 AM   #10

Sorry for the late late reply guys.

Just quickly wanted to say thanks for the comments and suggestions, all appreciated as usual.

Hope you all have a nice xmas and happy new year. I think in the new year I am going to buy myself a 55mm 1.8 prime for my toy. After xmas sale if I am lucky.

Anyway have fun all and eat and drink lots, but don't drive!!

Ollie