Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 22, 2006, 4:10 PM   #1

It was an overcast day inthis bleak decemberas I happened to pass bythe campuswhere I had enjoyed contemplation inmy early youthbefore many a year...
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:16 PM   #2

A beautiful photo with beautiful framing by nature (and by Bahadir), but it looks anything but bleak to me. Beautiful colors in the building and nature all around. You are just too accustomed to wonderful sunshine!! You should look out my window today - cold rain, dark skies, 40 degrees - now THIS is bleak!!!
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 2:49 AM   #3

msPuck's point is well taken ...
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"To me, that looks like early autumn ...
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I do appreciate the relativity involved ...
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This IS a nostalgic picture ....
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Generally, when people at talking abou tthe past, they look or gesture to the left. And for the future .... look or gesture to the right.
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This is in line with common concepts of 'reading' pictures from left to right

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"One of the icredible aspects of the structure in this one .....

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Just about everything in it is pointing to the left .. the strands, the fronds, the trees .... and indeed, there is that building .. and that iselt is being 'pushed' to the left vy the energy of everything else pinting in that direction.

Bahadir .... just for the sake of experiment, turn the pic around ... Mirror Image .. and lok at it and notice how your feelings shift as a result of the reversed flow of the composition.

And then put it back like it was ..... This pic does have a magnificent pull toward the past, Let it be preserved ....

... and more than that, what you said hooked me .. please tell more of the story that you so eloquently began

Very best wishes to you

Glyn
Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 8:29 AM   #4

MsPuck, thank you for the kind words.You may be right, especially about someone who is used to living in a city which has +220 sunny days As a matter of fact I had to brighten up the image to make, particularly, the garden visable! Oh quite by chance, nowit is about 40°F here, too..

Btw, your kind interesthas beenappreciated as ever..

.................................................. .............................

Glyn, that's howtruean observation from you!And thank you for your appreciation!! I confess I did not regard that aspect neither while shooting or brightening up the image I did the experiment you mentioned and would like to share the accuracy of your observation with fellows here Ah, about the story, you may know that though marriages usually take place in summer, the decisionis often taken in winter! As a student of Literature at the very campus, mine was both taken and executed in winter...I think you might find more in a poem by Poe: Ulalume.
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:22 AM   #5

Really nice photo bahadir, as I said before you have a good eye for composition and colour.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:31 AM   #6

It's a beautiful photo.
Jim1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:37 PM   #7

Sir Alex, thank you foryour encouraging words!Guess you'reback from Egypt

.................................................. .......

Jim, thanks foryour kind feedback. Btw, I haven't seenearly morning lanscape shots from your D70recently You still keep it, don't you?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:43 PM   #8

Yes I do, however we have moved from Florida to Texas and I haven't spent as much time out hiking as I would like. Still looking for places to walk that can offer the solitude and beauty of the Everglades. I will post soon I hope.

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Jim, thanks foryour kind feedback. Btw, I haven't seenearly morning lanscape shots from your D70recently You still keep it, don't you?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:51 PM   #9

Quote:
...we have moved from Florida to Texas and I haven't spent as much time out hiking as I would like.
We have some tough Texans here such as Walter and Barbarian ! Oh, I remember I was alsonominated tobe ahonorary Texan:-)

Anyway, I'm thinking of arranging seperate portfolios for the regulars here as soon I've managed to upgrade my OS to 64 bit Vista. So, I'llspare one for you !
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:43 AM   #10

That's a very nice thing to say, but I don't think my photo's are even close to the work they and you do. I would like to think though, that I have potential.