Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 6, 2003, 1:46 PM   #1

Default Forrest.. and?

Went out on a trip a while ago. This is what I found

what do you think?
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2003, 2:08 AM   #2

There appears to be a man or perhaphs an alien roaming the forest? I can't say these images are to my taste but the first one does make you look! Your copyright is a bit 'in yer face' though!

Regards
Martin.
mpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:20 AM   #3

I agree, the copyright text is a bit too much... i have to change the action in photoshop, I apologise for not doing so earlier ...

I have named the series (there are more) "Dream of a fairy", so its up to the beholder to decide what they see and don't
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:21 AM   #4

I generally like them. I find them a little too... grainy? I know the style demands some grain showing, but (to me) these pictures seem a bit to busy and it talkes away from the otherwise nice winter scene.

I like to cross country sky, so these reminde me of fun trips out into the forest.... I can hear the distant swosh, swosh in my head.

Eric

ps. Another look make me wonder... maybe its just that there is show much detail showing (the bark of trees, the pine needles on the branches)... maybe it isn't he grain. Hard to tell. I just fine myself having trouble focusing on the overall scene because of... something. I thought it was grain....
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
I generally like them. I find them a little too... grainy? I know the style demands some grain showing, but (to me) these pictures seem a bit to busy and it talkes away from the otherwise nice winter scene.

I like to cross country sky, so these reminde me of fun trips out into the forest.... I can hear the distant swosh, swosh in my head.

Eric

ps. Another look make me wonder... maybe its just that there is show much detail showing (the bark of trees, the pine needles on the branches)... maybe it isn't he grain. Hard to tell. I just fine myself having trouble focusing on the overall scene because of... something. I thought it was grain....
It is not a winter scene . The pics are taken at night recently (three days ago I think), and it's mid summer here.

I have used gaussian blur and faded it to give it a "dreamy" look. Perhaps it didn't work as I hoped?