Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:28 PM   #1

The sky and everything else looked so solid that afternoon as to remind me awork bythe renowned novelist, Yaşar Kemal...
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:42 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir!

Very enjoyable picture, especially the sky, the sun and the faint reflections from the roads and rails.

If you would illustrate the writings of last years Nobel prize winner in litterature, Orhan Pamuk, with a photo. What would that be? Just curious. Which is his best book?
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:11 PM   #3

OK, Torgny! Here'smy sincere andquick answer for 'book by Pamuk tip of the day': Istanbul . Ah, I can understand your appreciation about him. After all, he received his prize from the hands of your king, didn't he?

About the related image, you can refer to one of my earlier posts in Architectural Photos: Beautiful Hagia Sophia. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=81

Regards.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:20 PM   #4

Iron ground and copper sky, a very fitting title to this sunset!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:40 PM   #5

Bob, I'm so glad to hearthat the titleas well as theimage itself, have appealed to your refined taste
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:58 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

OK

It´s a beautiful buildning. I visited Hagia Sophia as well as Blue Mosque and Topkapi already in 1967, as a young student of 19 years, and have since then been fascinated by the architecture. Thanks for the book tip!

(Gülhane Otel wasn´t the best place to stay)

The swedish king is just a staffage figure without any purpose. What function did "das Gross-Mufti" have?

Thanks for the internal link to the Hagia Sophia pictures

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:47 AM   #7

Hi bahadir, I like the sky, but the sun is burned out its to distracting for me anyway.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:00 PM   #8

Well, Torgny, nothing to concern! I'm well aware of the symbolical role of the king in some countries led by constitutional monarchies today, which,on the other hand, exercise the finest democracies. So, when I wrote 'your king'it was notthis aspect I meant in my post...Now, about the 'Grosse-Mufti', since my country is not an Islamic country, there's simply no place fora grosse-mufti'sdetermining role!Maybe your question was just a rhetorical question whichrequired no reply...

Anyway,I wish you had also visitedIstanbul Archeological Museumwith over a million items, which wasoriginally built and served as a Fine Arts collage and thenopened asa Museum in the 19th century. There'revery fine boutique hotels available in the area whereI staywith my students from the Statesevery summer. Glad to have met yourinquiryregarding the tip as well as the related images...

Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:01 PM   #9

Dear Alex! I attempted to do some edit upon reading your kind feedback. Eh, it might turn out a lousy one ) Well, any further suggestions to improve it will be highly appreciated!
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:29 PM   #10

Actually, I like the "burned out sun"! It seems very authentic to me, that is when a low-riding sun hits your eyes the second you come around a curve, there is that second of disorienting near-blindness as the eyes attempt to adjust. Even if the capture is not 100% accurate, I feel it represents the feeling very well.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote