Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 7, 2003, 4:51 PM   #1

Default Yosemite Waterfalls

I just went to Yosemite the other day and took these pix with my D7i. I'm still new to taking pix with such an advanced cam. Tell me what you think of them and how I might have improved the shot.

Liger ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2003, 6:05 PM   #2

I don't know enough to offer advice (I'm really new to photograpy all the way around) but I did want to say that your photos are beautiful.
isshinryu_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 12:48 PM   #3

Thanks, Yosemite is a fun place to take pictures. There are so many sites to see there. It felt like I was taking a pic every few feet.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:11 PM   #4

I really liked the first one because the harsh cliff side is beautifully balanced out by the still green lake water.

I also liked the third one because I felt like my eyes were travelling with the water from the top of the photograph all the way down through the picture. It was a bonus to experience the continuation of the waterfall after the first dip downwards.
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 8:22 AM   #5

The top one is my fave

It is so wonderfully composed!

You might want to try playing with the exposure and contrast in it
to bring out the details of the cliffs

Thanks so much for sharing these photos of Yosemite.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:20 PM   #6
lg

Very nice pics! For a richer deep blue sky, you might want to try a polarizing filter.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 1:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg
Very nice pics! For a richer deep blue sky, you might want to try a polarizing filter.
I have one I just forgot to put it on. ops:
Old Jul 12, 2003, 1:48 AM   #8

I like the first one the best, because of the lake in the foreground. Good composition. The rock and the sky seem just a bit hazy and flat, I wonder if a little bit of Photoshop work would make it come out better?

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:04 AM   #9

I think the reason why the second one was nobody's favorite was because you included niether the top nor the bottom of the cliff. This disconnection leaves the viewer feeling disconected with the photo. The solution would have been to use a tripod and take 3 photos, one of the top, middle, and bottom of the fall. Then stitch the photos together in either camera software or other software.

I think this would have made #2 my favorite, and possibly other people's favorite as well.

Just a tip,
Dan O.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melboz99
I think the reason why the second one was nobody's favorite was because you included niether the top nor the bottom of the cliff. This disconnection leaves the viewer feeling disconected with the photo. The solution would have been to use a tripod and take 3 photos, one of the top, middle, and bottom of the fall. Then stitch the photos together in either camera software or other software.

I think this would have made #2 my favorite, and possibly other people's favorite as well.

Just a tip,
Dan O.
That is a good idea. I will do that the next time I go there.(hopefully that will be soon)