Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:01 PM   #1

was working on these today come to post see someone else was in same frame of mind :-) done via blending 3 diff exposures together and general tweaking

Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:44 PM   #2

Any of thesemoving imagescan take awaythe beholder along the paths or roads to ar far away,providing great examplesfor B&W and exposure blending, as well.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:59 AM   #3

Very nice work Gary!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:49 PM   #4

3 great shots Gary. Well done.
desperate_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:36 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Gary,

Great pictures. If you have the time. Can you shortly describe your (HDR?) technique or give a URL?

What tripod do you use?

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:59 AM   #6

thanks all for comments

and Torgny was i do is this...............i dont allways take a tripod, as you realise they can be clumbersome, but i get myslef nice and steady and will use things in nature to lean against :-), i find that if i move camera up to sky and half hold the shutter button to hold exposure then move camera down to how id like the shot to look then fully press to take shot, thats the sky taken care of, now without moving camera let go of button and take second shot.......this should hopeuffy if done correctly take care of the land exposure

any movement is easily taken care of in photoshop, cut and paste one image over the other....dark over light..........make top layer transparent so u can see the bottom one and use arrow keys to line up perfectly.

select and copy the base layer, select top layer and add layer mask, copy base layer and paste into mask (alt and left click of mouse on mask icon will select it and screen will go white then u can past into it) then u add gaussian blut to the top/mask layer..itll look crap now but when u click on background itll change, curves will then make it look even better.

by adjusting the levels to images before u do the above will end up with different results. i often then try duplicating the base layer,........and try all the blending modes (left drop down menu on layers pallet) and use different opacity for the new layer.

basicly i play about lots trying different stuff seeing what happens, this works for colour or black and white

oh one final thing, to convert to black n white i use channel mixer/monochrome as i can get the base images just as i want them by adjusting all the sliders

hope some of this makes sense......it should do to photoshop users...........:-)

eyecandy exposure plugin in canbe nice on black n whites too as i can selcet different types of film which can add a final boost to some images

Gary

Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:33 AM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Gary,

Thank you very much for your work and PS guidance. I am sure many of us can take benefit from your effort (hope it is the right word)

I suppose no analog film or image processor can achieve (?) this high dynamic range, so what is left but to learn the technique. The sooner, the better

Thanks again

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:03 AM   #8

photomatix will merge hdr images and so will photoshop cs2 ..its under file/automate/merge to hdr

i quite like to sit and do stuff by hand as u are totaly in controp of the end results :-)

used photoshop for about 8 years or so and know it quite well

Gary

Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:17 AM   #9

neat blend
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote