Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:56 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Thank you Mandy

It´s not that often clouds are so defined (?), have such sharp edges. Have you got some similar pictures yourself?

Feel free to post in this thread if you want. Would be nice... (smile)

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:30 PM   #12

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Thank you Mandy

It´s not that often clouds are so defined (?), have such sharp edges. Have you got some similar pictures yourself?

Feel free to post in this thread if you want. Would be nice... (smile)

Torgny

I will do some searching of my files.....otherwise....what better reason to get some new ones.......thanks Torgny.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:11 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Mandy,

I was out today in the same area. I called for the clouds but they didn´t show up (smile)

Since you like clouds, visit

http://www.cloudappreciationsociety.org/

[align=center]7783[/align]

Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:37 PM   #14

Hi Torgny, Thanks for tip on the cloud webpage. These are fantastic. I missed a good opportunity today on the way home from work. I don't take my camera with me because I don't want to get it stolen, but the clouds were showing off late this afternoon. We have had rain for the past 4 days, so when the sun does show, it also creates wonderful fluffy clouds and dramatic ones too.

Will hopefully get something this weekend....still supposed to rain. Not photos, but paintings from a local artist who lives and breathes cloudscapes. His paintings are hanging everywhere.....hope you enjoy them. Mandy

http://www.philepp.com/

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 1:54 PM   #15

I very much enjoyed the link Torgny and will visit the Cloud appreciation society often. I think #'s 1 and 4 from your set are my favorites. Very nice!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:29 PM   #16

Mandy,

Hope you got something today. If not, tomorrow is another day

Thanks for the link, great art. Naivism is by no standard an inferior art form. It shows the goodness of the heart.

Ethical aspects are always more important than estethical

Is Phil Epp considered as a naivist? Ivan Rabuzin, who I referred to is an artist from East Europe who´s name is mentioned in the same breath(?) as for instance Henri Rousseau.

You´ll like him. I can´t give you a specific link, but do some image search on his name by means of the search engines of your choice

Torgny
Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:38 PM   #17

Bob,

I am very happy that you like those pictures, especially since I always have liked the pictures that you post. Thank you very much, Bob

Regarding clouds. I used the home made frase "celestial lifestock". Perhaps "sky cattle" would be more "down to earth" (smile with a question mark) It´s hard to find the exact words in a foreign language

Torgny
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:03 AM   #18

hi Torgny, I think these are very good images, you have done a good jobas was said they would make a great B/W, hope you don't mind here is my edit.
Attached Images

alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 3:49 PM   #19

alex james

On the contrary. Your version makes me wonder (mind-set: proud, happy) if it really was me who was behind the camera that day with the clouds. It looks great. Thank you

Well, I have tried myself, as suggested, to make it in b/w but didn´t succeed very well.

I hope that you can say sometime, if you have the time, which of the above mentioned methods you used, and if it is #3 or #4, perhaps also the name of the program used

Thanks

Torgny
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:28 PM   #20

Lovely series Torgny. I like the simplicity of the first shot the best.......cheers......Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote