Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:16 PM   #1

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:46 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

What can be said without contributing to the inflation of words? A new terminology or going back to the origin of the words?

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 6:49 AM   #3

WOW! But it seems you are caught between a rock and a hard place - the mountain is a bit too light and the woods a bit too dark.

dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:58 AM   #4

Great shot Gallatin,

We are planning a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in June and your pictures are getting us even more excited about goingI really like the framing with the trees and the cloud on the top. You got really lucky to have such clear blue sky days!!

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:19 PM   #5

dumfriesdick wrote:
Quote:
WOW! But it seems you are caught between a rock and a hard place - the mountain is a bit too light and the woods a bit too dark.

I agree. I couldn't really fix them without getting a super overprocessed look (which I really dislike) so I left it as is. It's just a snapshot anyway as I was leaving the park at sunrise.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:22 PM   #6

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
Great shot Gallatin,

We are planning a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in June and your pictures are getting us even more excited about goingI really like the framing with the trees and the cloud on the top. You got really lucky to have such clear blue sky days!!

Mugmar
Quote:

Thanks Mugmar! Grand Teton and Yellowstone are really amazing places. If you like nature photography, they are the top of the top in the lower 48. You will be like a kid in a candy store. I also spend alot of time in Glacier National Park. June should be a great time. The rivers will likely be muddy and high, but everything will be green.

And yeah, I did get lucky with the sky. For the previous week it was nothing but ice/snow storms and freezing weathe rin September! Of course, the blue sky came on the day I left.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:34 PM   #7

Great composition!... with a subject matter to die for
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:57 PM   #8

Now that's some tough lighting conditions! Great result anyway. (I keep telling myself to invest in a graduated neutral density filter for these kinds of shots but haven't got around to it yet)

Ollie
Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:27 AM   #9

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Now that's some tough lighting conditions! Great result anyway. (I keep telling myself to invest in a graduated neutral density filter for these kinds of shots but haven't got around to it yet)

Ollie
Ollie, you took the words right out of my mouth. :G

You really go too wrong with the Tetons in your picture. Fantastic!

I hope you don't mind, I fussed with your photo a bit in Elements and was able to bring out some of the tree detail. I'm sure you tried the same but decided against it.
All the best.
Steve

Last edited by smac; Jan 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:24 AM   #10

Steve, the degree of tree details arejust fine in your edit. More of itmight steal away from thegrandeur of the mountain at the background!!!I belivehavingthe original JPEG or the RAW file wouldbe great of course : )Anyway, I am tempted to touch the image so as to add a little bitmore punch to my 'subject matter'. Hope, our kind Landlord, Gallatin, does not get angry at me:G
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote