Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:08 PM   #1

Finally purchased the 30d last night. Today, shot over 300 photos. Not sure what I'm doing, but I do know I seem to spend more time on the 'creative' side of the dial. Anyways, a storm moved in and left, and this is what it left for a brief period. I run dual monitors, on one it looks good, the other....well not so. I used the Digital Photo Professional to convert it to quality of 5. Then used image shack to change it to 640x480. This sound right to do?

airtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:25 PM   #2

quite nice shots there airtaz, just one think, you need to check your levels in ps or what ever software you are using.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:51 PM   #3

alex james wrote:
Quote:
quite nice shots there airtaz, just one think, you need to check your levels in ps or what ever software you are using.
Not sure what you mean? What levels am I checking? These photos are out of the camera, with the exception of changing the quality to lower the size of the file so I could up it to the imageshack site (used the sofware provided with the camera). There I selected the 640x480 option. I have photoshop, looking for some ideas what to do with it...

Can you please elaborate on the "levels" recommendation.

John
airtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:21 AM   #4

Good shots
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 6:28 AM   #5

Hi, he meant to check in PS (or similar) for over/underexposure. Both your shots are a touch underexposed because of shooting into bright areas. This can easily be corrected with software:

markgelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:33 PM   #6

The real beauty of digital (besides being able to take hundreds of pictures at very little expense) is that you can easily tweak them to make them better.

If you have the money, photoshop is good, but even very inexpensive photo processing software can do wonders for your pictures.

My personal favorite is the Gnu Image Manipulation Program (GIMP). It does most things photoshop does, and it's freeware.

Easy to download.The real expense is buying a manual to learn all the tricks possible.

But there are a lot of online tutorials, too.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote