Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:54 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

wadue

Thanks for all the beautiful flowers, digitals last longer...

(Just a joke: There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary language and those who don´t)

Torgny

I can give you some flowers back @

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:15 PM   #12

Bahadir & Musket...thank you for your kind compliments. I was just thankful that I had the opportunity to go that afternoon. I'm not sure these flowers will be as colorful tomorrow because the temperature is going from a high yesterday of 72F to into the 20's tonite. We have a saying here in the St. Louis area...don't like the weather, then wait for 5 minutes & it will change. Unfortuneately, the plants are the ones to pay the price this time of year.:sad::sad::sad:

Torgny, thank you for sharing your series...they too were beautiful! Now, where they shot recently (I know your post was in January) & in a greenhouse or were they shot last summer??? Also, could you tell me the name of the ball-like pink & red flowers? They look similiar to hydrangias but different. They could the subject of some interesting macro shots ...up close & personal. Oh yes, THANKS for the joke, can't wait to share it with my brother-in-law the programmer at Easter celebration!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:05 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Ron,

Various shooting locations in time.

I messed it up, put in some new pictures so the replies don´t fit. Sorry for that. (mind-set: old absent-minded professor)

Ron, I believe it´s a "Dahlia". If you picture-search (I just did it) you´ll find links, many US, to different Dahlia societies. Some enthusiasts!

These flowers, the Dahlias (if it really is Dahlias) I mean, were photographed outside last summer in the Botanical Garden of this town

Easter. Happy shooting

/T
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:05 PM   #14

Thanks Torgny! Now, that you mention it, I do remember seeing these at the Botanical Gardens here in St. Louis last summer. I could be mistaken but I believe I saw them in an area that they have reserved as a "Butterfly garden". I think I was more interested in trying to capture some shots of monarchs rather than trying to actually look at the flowers.:?

Thanks again & hope you and yours have a splendid Easter as well!!!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:50 AM   #15

Ron,

The same to you and yours!

(Yes, it is true, she sure has arrived. She is standing right there by the railway station with all her luggage, just waiting to be picked up. Spring, I mean; the young sister with flowers in her hair)

The monarchs will come to you, sooner or later, if you have the patience

#4, especially, "does it" for me. Great "multi floral diagonal"

Torgny