Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:06 PM   #11

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, absolutely great sky, looks as though you took that shot at the gates of heck, not your apartment, even Dante himself would be in awe of that shot!
Woow!You made my day with your kind &refined vocabulary! Thank you so much...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:35 PM   #12

Thats an incredible shot Bahadir!
Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:13 PM   #13

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
"Red sky at morning; sailor take warning."

Usually presages a storm moving in, at least in the middle latitudes.

Gorgeous shot. I love clouds like that. But I'm a little curious about the ground. This one would be a prime candidate for HDR.

Then it would look like a computer game instead of nature

Not a big fan of HDR.
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 6:24 AM   #14

Nice shot.

Is it Mordor? :?
markgelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:17 PM   #15

A nice picture to paste on the wall
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:13 PM   #16

Kaspian wrote:
Quote:
Thats an incredible shot Bahadir!
Thanks you your kind credits!!

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Gallatin wrote:

Great toread my tasteful friends exchangingideas : )

Well,one might as well shoot inRAW and then brighten up the shadowsbefore converting theminto JPEG:rollerhaps.Ah, when it comes to stitching, things usuallybecome somewhat more complicated,because different exposure settingscould easilymess up the stitching process...

.................................................. ................................................

Markgelder wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot.

Is it Mordor?

Actually it was!!Well for a while:lol:

Thanks for your kind interest

.................................................. ...............

mcliu wrote:

Quote:
A nice picture to paste on the wall

How nice to hear I've done a decent work to qualify your kind suggestion!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 3:35 AM   #17

hello bahadir, as I said you are getting good at these pano's, very good sky, the exposure looks very good, a rolling infurno.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 8:49 AM   #18

bahadir, here the words fail,Acutally your picture speaks a lot.Let me listen to that
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:08 PM   #19

[b]Is it Mordor?[/quote]

Quote:
Actually it was!!Well for a while:lol:
Are you referring to the location of Mordor on Tolkien's Middle Earth (which corresponds to SW Asia on a map of Europe) or something else?

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:01 PM   #20
Jif

This is very surreal- to me it seems as if it is this symbolic painting foreshadowing of the possibilities of joy, gloom, passion, and overarching mystery of the day to come. The joy-being represented by the light, the gloom by the smaller dark clouds interspersed among the light, the passion by the clouds which seem to be on fire, and the mystery is represented by the vast dark cloud. The variation of the clouds represents the individual choice and will power that we can exercise in the upcoming day, but the overwhelming commonality is the unknown in the day that lies ahead- hence the clouds representing "mystery" are by far the largest. I was automatically drawn to the fiery clouds, which I labeled as passion, and I would imagine, just judging from the comments, that many of the others were also drawn to this fiery, turbulent, passionate aspect of the picture. In this way, the photograph conveys a deep meaning about the nature of human beings: While our days, and in larger sense, our lives, are shrouded in this overall darkness of the unknown, we are instinctually drawn to that which is fiery, passionate, unique. I would like to differentiate to the nature of the four motifs I saw in this picture- joy, gloom, passion, and mystery. To a certain extent, all joy, gloom, and mystery are beyond our control and does not fall completely within the realm of free choice. However, passion is unique in that we always have the ability to control or determine the passion, energy and attitude we bring to our lives everyday. Is this what it means to be human, then, to instinctually desire to live the day with passion, regardless of everything else which we either do not know or is beyond our control?

Sorry Bahadir, if that doesn't make sense- but this photograph is very inspiring to me, I think it might be my favorite.

- Julia
Jif is offline   Reply With Quote