Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 16, 2007, 12:43 AM   #1

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2007, 1:40 AM   #2

Simply stunning Gallatin. Beautiful light and what a view. Congrats.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 2:34 AM   #3

amazing photo, you really do get a feel for how big this canyon is, the tree in the distance look like grass! on the left, where the sun is, there seems to be a raised flat bit, like a table. i bet that is pretty big on its own.
dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 4:48 AM   #4

Beautiful scene, I love the composition and light! I always look forward to seeing your posts! Great work as usual!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 5:30 AM   #5

Fantastic photo, really love the lighting and the colors, that canyon is probably HUGE, well done
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 6:35 AM   #6

Such animpressive image...In it, Ican see almost seethe depiction of an imaginaryplace protected by dragons!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7

What a great picture! The lighting is just amazing and your composition is, well, picture-perfect! This is one for the National Geographic IMO.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 10:45 AM   #8

All I can say is WOW

Gallatin, we are heading out to that area in a couple of weeks.where in relation to Yellowstone NP is that. I guessing it is off the west side of the park?

Mugmar

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 2:30 PM   #9

reminds me of my stay in Durango Colorado
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 7:32 PM   #10

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
All I can say is WOW

Gallatin, we are heading out to that area in a couple of weeks.where in relation to Yellowstone NP is that. I guessing it is off the west side of the park?

Mugmar

Thx! This shot was taken outside of the NE corner of the park at Dead Indian Pass in the Shoshone National Forest. It's about 36 miles from the NE entrance to the park at Cooke "City". This is a really scenic area. I travelled back towards the park after this shot and went to the Beartooth Highway(only a few miles east of Cooke City), which is even more spectacular. Yellowstone itself is relatviely flat (not compared to the east, but to the rest of the rocky mountains) and filled with forest, meadows, lakes and geothermal features. The truly mountainous parts of the park surround it. This would be the Gallatin National Forest, Shoshone National Forest and Grand Teton National Park.

When visiting Yellowstone, there are two "must do" visits that are right outside of the park that provide more spectacular mountain scenery than the park itself offers. One is Grand Teton National Park, which is just six miles south of Yellowstone(your Yellowstonepass works there). The mountain scenery there is outstanding. Take at least one day there and drive tothe Jenny Lake area via the Grand Teton Parkinside road at Jackson Lake Junction.

The other area is the Beartooth Pass area of Montana, just east of Cooke City at Yellowstone's NE entrance. To me, it's one of the three most spectacular drives in the world and the scenery is outrageous.

Let me know how your trip goes. You will have a good time.
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote