Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 24, 2007, 4:49 PM   #11

Great captures Bahadir. Number two is my favourite as well. Well done.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 11:55 AM   #12

Great panoramas, beautiful cloud scenes, well done..............musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 9:08 PM   #13

Bahadir, I have never seen the like of the cloud formation that you have so adeptly captured in photo #1. Thank you so much for the education!
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 8:52 AM   #14

hercules wrote:
Quote:
....when you read into ancient history some people regard it as a myth a lie, and it's not it's all true, for instance Hercules a myth no, no, no their was a Hercules but not in the way Hollywood made him to be, bahadir check this out sorry for changing the subject, http://www.allempires.com:80/forum/f...s.asp?TID=4335
Actually, calling mythological characters 'a lie' is far from being a literate attitude. If they were merely 'lies', then all the great writers and poets who have established the foundations of the culture we're enjoying today should be called great liars!Ah, the charactersthese authorshave created are more real in executing their rolesin displaying the values of their times and the historical backgroundthan the so called 'real people' ...

On the other hand, I see no point in trying to prove the reality of the mythological characters as 'once' real people, either! Because these mythological characters represent 'types' rather than individuals likethe statues of the Classical period, through which the sculptor merged the best parts of certain individuals

Another aspectto consider is that, one can witness a great deal ofresemblance between themyhological characters. For example in the world's first written epicof Gilgamesh which dates back more than 4000 years ago today about the legendary Summerian king Gilgamesh whois supposed to have lived about 2700 BC. He slays an implacablelion and wearsits skin like Hercules. There are also reliefs displaying him grabbing the lion..

Thanks again for your kind interest and the link! Very nice finding indeed

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 8:53 AM   #15

@ Emre: I'm happy to read your appreciation!

As a matter of fact it was a matter of risking my car towed away due to indecent parking, while shooting the cloudscape:-)

.................................................. .......................................

@ goomer: Thank you for providing your kind feed back!

I think it is the perspective of the ground which made #2 your favourite along with Emre...

.................................................. .........................................

@ musket: Thank you for your appreciation!

Ah, we all like clouds, and even sometimes would like to be like them, don't we: )

.................................................. ............................................

Quote:
Bahadir, I have never seen the like of the cloud formation that you have so adeptly captured in photo #1. Thank you so much for the education!

@ flippedgazelle: Ah, I am utterly humbled! You know, skill comes out of appreciation : )Thank you for your great encouragement!
Old May 26, 2007, 10:38 AM   #16

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
....when you read into ancient history some people regard it as a myth a lie, and it's not it's all true, for instance Hercules a myth no, no, no their was a Hercules but not in the way Hollywood made him to be, bahadir check this out sorry for changing the subject, http://www.allempires.com:80/forum/f...s.asp?TID=4335
Actually, calling mythological characters 'a lie' is far from being a literate attitude. If they were merely 'lies', then all the great writers and poets who have established the foundations of the culture we're enjoying today should be called great liars!Ah, the charactersthese authorshave created are more real in executing their rolesin displaying the values of their times and the historical backgroundthan the so called 'real people' ...

On the other hand, I see no point in trying to prove the reality of the mythological characters as 'once' real people, either! Because these mythological characters represent 'types' rather than individuals likethe statues of the Classical period, through which the sculptor merged the best parts of certain individuals

Another aspectto consider is that, one can witness a great deal ofresemblance between themyhological characters. For example in the world's first written epicof Gilgamesh which dates back more than 4000 years ago today about the legendary Summerian king Gilgamesh whois supposed to have lived about 2700 BC. He slays an implacablelion and wearsits skin like Hercules. There are also reliefs displaying him grabbing the lion..

Thanks again for your kind interest and the link! Very nice finding indeed

You summed it up pretty good
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 5:05 PM   #17

Thanks for bringing this meaningfulissue, Hercules!

Mythology gives the pleasure of observing the humanqualities ingodsas well as thegodlike aspectsin us, themortals
Old May 26, 2007, 6:24 PM   #18

#3 is my favorite, great cloud structure and contrast

How i wish i had mountains here in sunny Berkshire!!!!
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 7:19 PM   #19

Pretty shots as always Bahadir!
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 5:52 AM   #20

@ bill43210

Thank you for your appreciation and indicating your favourite!

Although #3 is not a stitchworklike the other two, somehow, I could not resist adding it : )

.................................................. ............................................

@ Gallatin

Your kind feedback is much appreciated! Thank you...