Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:32 PM   #1

Some of you have seen that I am fortunate enough to have a location near to my place of employ where I can "get away" for a bit whilst on my lunch. I cannot be the only one on these forums who is so blessed... so, friends and strangers, I invite you to please post photos of a favorite mealtime locale, or perhaps a place nearby where you can make a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and refresh yourselves.

This is a photo of one of my favorite retreats, Hedden Park in Morris County, New Jersey. The Hedden family donated the original tract of land upon which this park is built, and it has expanded greatly over the decades. It includes a small, man-made lake, a baseball field, a larger, unmarked field well-suited to football/soccer, hiking trails, and a child's playground. There are several small streams that are stocked with trout, and ducks and geese aplenty, and even a blue heron or two.

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:05 AM   #2

Great idea for a series of shots, flippedgazelle. However, I'm not going to post any photos of a ratty teacher's lounge, which is the furthest one can get in a 25 minute lunch break. However, I may wander around town a little and find some of the neat spots in Hot Springs where normal people can share a little bit of tranquility at lunch. (There are some good ones, one of the benefits of living in a city that is mostly national park, lol.)
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:47 AM   #3

Looks like a great place you go to, nice shot, i will post a place where i like to take my Gyros or Souvlakia, with a greek salad with extra feta cheese and a large coke, just made myself hungry going to eat now
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:02 AM   #4

what a excellent idea, my local park is a little walk away, where i take the kids, i have posted photos from there but i will try for that extra nice one, like yours, good shot, lucky you!
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:44 AM   #5

That's a great thread idea, flippedgazelle. Give me a week to get back into NM and go up Monjeau mountain.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:43 PM   #6

Iknow, nothing comparessome chopped meat brought inthe backpack to beroasted onthe camp fire with tomatoes and pepper after a loong ascend!!

Still, when in the city, there is a park by the sea having an artificial pond also, in which I likecontemplating having a can of Efes Pilsen and some peanuts: )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:57 PM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Iknow, nothing comparessome chopped meat brought inthe backpack to beroasted onthe camp fire with tomatoes and pepper after a loong ascend!!

Still, when in the city, there is a park by the sea having an artificial pond also, in which I likecontemplating having a can of Efes Pilsen and some peanuts: )
Nice shot bahadir i bet it's also relaxing there
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:40 PM   #8

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Nice shot bahadir i bet it's also relaxing there
Thanks my friend!One can see the most relaxed selfthere on one's way back home
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:02 PM   #9

very nice bahadir, those birds make it special pic for me!
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:35 PM   #10

That's a tremendously lovely photo, Bahadir, and as Bill said, the birds make special indeed!

Edit: I think I should post a photo that is more representative of a "typical" mid-day getaway for me, and at work I am famous for my coffee consumption...

Attached Images

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote