Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:58 PM   #1

at eventide
Attached Images

bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:18 PM   #2

You know, one aspect of the Baroque compositionlies initsinconceivabilityto the beholder which is already present here; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:33 PM   #3

Bahadir, as in your recent posting, sunset with 'the birds' (A Hitchcock movie) ilike rich colours, and here's an extra shot that says much the same for me and it has (tiny) birds;
Attached Images

Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:26 PM   #4

Many people who photograph the moon attempt to bring it closer; you have chosen, Bill, to demonstrate the perspective of how very far away it is. This is a composition I have been recently pondering, and I think you've nailed it!
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:07 AM   #5

bahadir, i am a little familiar with baroque art and architecture (style) before Rocco? style but you must enlighten me here, please..

In general, however, the desire to evoke emotional states by appealing to the senses, often in dramatic ways, underlies its manifestations. Some of the qualities most frequently associated with the Baroque are grandeur, sensuous richness, drama, vitality, movement, tension, emotional exuberance, and a tendency to blur distinctions between the various arts.

if you mean this then i take the complement :-)
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:35 PM   #6

Nice capture Bill, i also really like the 2nd one also great job
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:40 PM   #7

Thanks for your credits! So, I'll be speaking about my favourite art style tomake myself clearer : )

In the first place, for me, Baroque is not a definite era, between the Renaissance and Neo Classical, but a spirit! For example, I think it is quite appropriate to call the Hellenistic period as Antique Baroque! Let's remember the term Baroque is said to have derived from a Portuguese word ' barocco' meaning 'irregular' probably by the critics who meant to despise the style as in the way 'Gothic' used by Italian critics referring to Goths whom they found responsible for the downfall of the Roman empire. As a matter of fact Baroquewas a response to a crisis following the high Renaissance 'Cinquecento' during which all possibilities of art was believed to have exploited by the renowned artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, Bramante... The 'daring' Baroque artist also used the elements of Renaissance but in an unprecedented way! For example, they used harsh light to disperse the objects ( by Caravaggio) whereaslight had been used in Renaissance so as to provide volume to the objects through modelling. Also, a Renaissance sculpture requires a definite place to be observed upon which all symmetry and order was set. However a Baroque sculpture ( by Bernini for example!) urges the beholder to revolve around itself as if rejecting to be conceived at once! In architecture we see the classical orders but fused in an unusual way refusing the repetation while occupying clossal spaces, makingthe expectation of storey distinction almost obsoleteand decorated with dramatic ceiling frescoes!!

All in all, Baroque has a theme of 'unconceivable' rather than that of Renaissance which was 'rational'

Ah, Rococo could simply be explained a further French interpretation of Baroque intended to show off the elegance and richness of French aristocracy! Here, I'd strongly advice seeing the film 'Dangerous Liasions' which made me read the original novel by Choderlos de Laclos, also!

I'd also suggestgetting 'Baroque' published by Konemann

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/3895...50#reader-link

and turning the pages while listening to the music ofBach, which is often referred as the climax of the polyphonic music! Red wine is highly recomended...

Hope you still do not hesitate taking the compliment now

Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:55 AM   #8

Bahadir, thanks for the instruction, I will look out for a book at enlighten me further, and of course Baroque music features in my CD collection, Vivaldi as well as Bach. Talking of music, my favorite (you can't have a favorite in such a wide subject) is Rodrigo, Concierto de Aranjuez (i think he married a lady pianist form your part of the world, Turkey).

:-)
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:47 AM   #9

Ah, my pleasure : )

I'd strongly advise 'ART : A History of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture'by Professor Frederick Hart who passed away in 1990's...

Ah, these old masters!! I cannot find the same vigour inrecent Art books written by a commission of authors
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:51 AM   #10

By the way 'the moon' is a 2x2 pano, thought you might like to know.

I do have a number of art books but notyour 'ART : A History of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture'by Professor Frederick Hart. I looked at amazon, quite expensive, bit i'll keep a eye out for it on e-bay. I take it you lecture on the arts?

thanks