Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:08 PM   #1

A few day's ago when i went to visit my brother in Kalamata they are shot right in his back yard, i took my 850 IS with me this is the best it can do for sunset shots, not that good, but oh well.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:38 PM   #2

Beautiful sunsets evidently don't require a Hasselblad.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:52 PM   #3

Oh! A back yard to die for

btw, isn't Kalamata famous for its fig species??
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:13 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
A few day's ago when i went to visit my brother in Kalamata they are shot right in his back yard, i took my 850 IS with me this is the best it can do for sunset shots, not that good, but oh well.
One horizontal. One curve. One circle. One jagged graph. Truly elegant. Definitely something to "write home about"

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:27 AM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:

Cant help but coming back to this picture. What do you mean, not that good? To my taste anyhow, this is by far the most beautiful sunset recording I´ve seen.

It takes off in the beautiful, rests for a while in the good and eventually lands in the divine

Some native poet, I don´t quite remember his name, wrote something like

"Those sudden and calm streets (roads, paths) that the setting sun throws over the sea"

I get the sense that it shouldn´t be impossible to walk over there, to the other side

Don´t use the w-word. But I say to myself in my native local idiom: "Dé vá som faen", which is the best I can do, "Góa gubbar allihop"

Most impressing, tasteful picture, full of beauty and wonder. Very strong. Thanks

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:17 AM   #6

Beautiful shots, well done...........................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:06 AM   #7

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful sunsets evidently don't require a Hasselblad.
Thanks JDar
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:16 AM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Oh! A back yard to die for

btw, isn't Kalamata famous for its fig species??
Thanks bahadir,, yes he has a spectacular view,, Kalamata is also famous for their Olive Oil, right now in my yard i cut down 80 Orange trees and left 12 only,, i am going to buy small olive trees from Kalamata and plant like 80 of them in my back yard, you know as i was driving to Kalamata you have to go up the 4th largest mountain in Greece (Mt Taygetus) to get there next time i will stop for a few pictures of the view
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:20 AM   #9

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:

Cant help but coming back to this picture. What do you mean, not that good? To my taste anyhow, this is by far the most beautiful sunset recording I´ve seen.

It takes off in the beautiful, rests for a while in the good and eventually lands in the divine

Some native poet, I don´t quite remember his name, wrote something like

"Those sudden and calm streets (roads, paths) that the setting sun throws over the sea"

I get the sense that it shouldn´t be impossible to walk over there, to the other side

Don´t use the w-word. But I say to myself in my native local idiom: "Dé vá som faen", which is the best I can do, "Góa gubbar allihop"

Most impressing, tasteful picture, full of beauty and wonder. Very strong. Thanks

Torgny

Gees thanks Torgnybut seeing other sunsets in here mine aren't that great to me at least,, but thanks for your appreciation
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:22 AM   #10

musket wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots, well done...........................musket
Thanks musket