Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:36 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Nice shot, yes there is a fascination about road works whether it's

watching someone dig a hole or use powerful machinery.................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 3:17 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot, yes there is a fascination about road works whether it's

watching someone dig a hole or use powerful machinery.................musket
That's true, musket ! ...And watching the watchers is half the fun : )

Anyway, I remember once doing more than just watchingtotry one of those compressor asphalt diggers!! Oh, nothing can relax one's back muscles better:G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:38 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
The Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,260
Default

Quote:
One thing is the machines have such power but can be operated with skill which belies the power. Delicacy isn't the right word for it, but there can be a grace in motion with a good operator.
Many years ago, in high school, I was working on railroad track gangs, and there was this clamshellcrane operator everyone called "Roundhead" after the dog he kept with him in the cab.

One day, after doing a section of track, which required an application of ballast (crushed rock), I saw him using the clamshell jaws to pick up little bits of ballast, as you might use two fingers to pick up crumbs.

He had become one with the machine. I was impressed with the delicate control he had over such massive machinery.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:35 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ya lot's of POWER, that is what i had in my big yard to rip the orange trees right out except it was red and not Hyundai, nice shot
Kali nihta, Arkadaş!

You had your oranges pulled out by a red bull, then : ) You mighthavesome pics to add this power topic :-)
Arkadias, i completely forgot to take pictures of that i should have though
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:28 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
longside1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 693
Default

Hey Hey HeyBahadir!

Great shot and excellent composition! I agree with everything already said, boys and toys at the end of the day and a mad obsession with anything powerfull, i mean c'mon those things have caterpillar tracks and teeth! Who wouldn't want one in their front garden?!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:11 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Gisli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 500
Default

I don't like watching thembecause it'smore fun working on them I work onheavy machinesalmost every day.:-)

Best regards

Gisli
Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:11 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ya lot's of POWER, that is what i had in my big yard to rip the orange trees right out except it was red and not Hyundai, nice shot
Kali nihta, Arkadaş!

You had your oranges pulled out by a red bull, then : ) You mighthavesome pics to add this power topic :-)
Arkadias, i completely forgot to take pictures of that i should have though
Never mind,arkadaş! I'm sure you'llinvent another opportunity : )



.................................................. .........................................



Matt wrote:
Quote:
Hey Hey HeyBahadir!

Great shot and excellent composition! I agree with everything already said, boys and toys at the end of the day and a mad obsession with anything powerfull, i mean c'mon those things have caterpillar tracks and teeth! Who wouldn't want one in their front garden?!
Thanks for your appreciation, my friend!

Now thatwe've confessour obsessions with these machines, mayGod grant us one each:lol:

.................................................. .................................................. ..........



Gisli wrote:

Quote:
I don't like watching thembecause it'smore fun working on them I work onheavy machinesalmost every day.:-)
Great way tolead your lifefree of corrosive emotions, I guessAh, a bottle of ice-cold Blue ribbon or Efes wouldserve as finish up: )

Would like to see your self portrait at work:|


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:51 PM.