Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:59 AM   #1

Here's just a few pictures i took today from my wifes city Gythio, the first is a viewat her brothers house that beach you see is called Mavrovouni, and the next 2 shots is another beach we go swimming at called Το Καραβι (The Ship) it got stranded there like 40 - 50 yrs ago and they just left it there, but what i like about this beach is you walk out 300 meters and the water is up to your waist, and out farther there is ancient houses under the water, it's pretty neat
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:10 PM   #2

It looks a lovely place, great photos, an under water camera would be good there I bet.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:44 PM   #3

Ah... beautiful Aegean:love:I especially liked #1. Kind of view which is utterly fascinating at moonlit nights, I suppose, with the phosphorescence reflections from the sea, and fishon the table... beside thewine glasses looking almost purple:-)

Btw, it'sinteresting tosee that shipdrifted almost to the beach in awaist deep water:? Anyway, though I do not usually like to walk in shallow water that much to be able toreally swim, the promise of ancient houses could easily make it there my favourite beach
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:26 AM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Here's just a few pictures i took today from my wifes city Gythio, the first is a viewat her brothers house that beach you see is called Mavrovouni, and the next 2 shots is another beach we go swimming at called Το Καραβι (The Ship) it got stranded there like 40 - 50 yrs ago and they just left it there, but what i like about this beach is you walk out 300 meters and the water is up to your waist, and out farther there is ancient houses under the water, it's pretty neat
Oh, you lucky ... (something :-)) Three new breathtaking pictures. Beautiful. The second - what is the vantage point

That wreck puts the place on the map

Mavro - what does that mean. There is a wine called Mavro Daphne that you can buy here

Plato´s Atlantis - is that in the mind of people around?

Very strong pictures. Great start of the day

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:17 AM   #5

Nice shots and scenes, would love to go bathing on that beach

......................................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:27 AM   #6

alex james wrote:
Quote:
It looks a lovely place, great photos, an under water camera would be good there I bet.
Thanks Alex, yes i thought about the underwater camera also, it would be great, but if you look at the 2nd picture on the sand you can see a wall that is ancient
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:30 AM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ah... beautiful Aegean:love:I especially liked #1. Kind of view which is utterly fascinating at moonlit nights, I suppose, with the phosphorescence reflections from the sea, and fishon the table... beside thewine glasses looking almost purple:-)

Btw, it'sinteresting tosee that shipdrifted almost to the beach in awaist deep water:? Anyway, though I do not usually like to walk in shallow water that much to be able toreally swim, the promise of ancient houses could easily make it there my favourite beach
Thanks arkadias, it is strange that the ship drifted to shore, kind of makes me believe the greek captain saw a beautiful lady and went in for a closer look:Gbtw that beach is perfect for kids as they can walk out without us parents screaming it has a place to play volleyball and a restaurant where i can enjoy a really cold glass of beer, it's really hot here lately even in August is it like that in Turkey, tomorrow i am going to my dad's village with the family in Arkadias Tripoli for a week where the weather is cooler, we also will drive to Olympia wherethe first olympic games took place and to Elafonisos
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:41 AM   #8

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

Oh, you lucky ... (something :-)) Three new breathtaking pictures. Beautiful. The second - what is the vantage point

That wreck puts the place on the map

Mavro - what does that mean. There is a wine called Mavro Daphne that you can buy here

Plato´s Atlantis - is that in the mind of people around?

Very strong pictures. Great start of the day

Torgny
Thanks Torgny, The second - what is the vantage point, do you mean where i was snapping that picture, Mavro in Greek means Black, Plato's Atlantis (now i'm lost lol)

Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:42 AM   #9

musket wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots and scenes, would love to go bathing on that beach

......................................musket
Thanks Musket