Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:03 PM   #1

My friend called me and told me our houses are in danger at our village so i rushed back by myself from vacation to help out with the fire, i am PISSED off that people start fires i mean no respect for there Country peoples houses are being burnt and there land sad, sad, sad, i've never seen so many fires in Greece like this i mean all over, but election date is Sept, 16th i think that has something to do with it, oh well grabed my 400D for one shot then i'm out the door, it was taken right off my balkony;(
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:24 PM   #2

hercules wrote:
Quote:
My friend called me and told me our houses are in danger at our village so i rushed back by myself from vacation to help out with the fire, i am PISSED off that people start fires i mean no respect for there Country peoples houses are being burnt and there land sad, sad, sad, i've never seen so many fires in Greece like this i mean all over, but election date is Sept, 16th i think that has something to do with it, oh well grabed my 400D for one shot then i'm out the door, it was taken right off my balkony;(
Terrific shot, quite right something needs to be done about the people who get

pleasure out of starting fires......................................m usket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:30 PM   #3

So sorry to hear that, my friend!So far, there has beenseveral major fires here also, which literarly burned my heart ...only few due to natural causes:!:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:31 AM   #4

Thanks for your appreciation Musket.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:37 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
So sorry to hear that, my friend!So far, there has beenseveral major fires here also, which literarly burned my heart ...only few due to natural causes:!:
Thanks Arkadias, so sad but it's still very bad here i can't even go from Sparta to Tripoli as the roads are closed due to fires, what a mess, a few EU countries are here to help out, but the only way to stop it now is if the big man upstairs unleashes a pretty nice rain fall.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:50 AM   #6

I'm so happy to hear from you again, my friend!! I was deeply concerned this morningwhen Iread thatthe flames surrounded almost half the peninsula and almost reached Athens killing 51 people, even catching people in their cars

I gather that many houses which were in the country were badly damaged.Hope your house and your belowed ones ascaped this catastrophe...I also heard in the morning news on the radio that The Red Crescentof Turkeywas ready with equipment, medical personnel and whatever else was necessaryfor the aid! The dimension of this fire should be much much more than we can imagine I guess. The Greek government announced 3-day-national lament !

Looking forward to hearing and seeing!! from you,as soon asyou are convinient, of course!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 11:30 AM   #7

Hello my friend, as was said, a very good shot but under such sadcircumstances, glad to hear that you and your family are ok, its always the mindless few who don't care about there country or other peoples lives.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:25 PM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I'm so happy to hear from you again, my friend!! I was deeply concerned this morningwhen Iread thatthe flames surrounded almost half the peninsula and almost reached Athens killing 51 people, even catching people in their cars

I gather that many houses which were in the country were badly damaged.Hope your house and your belowed ones ascaped this catastrophe...I also heard in the morning news on the radio that The Red Crescentof Turkeywas ready with equipment, medical personnel and whatever else was necessaryfor the aid! The dimension of this fire should be much much more than we can imagine I guess. The Greek government announced 3-day-national lament !

Looking forward to hearing and seeing!! from you,as soon asyou are convinient, of course!

Thanks Arkadias, yes i just heard after i posted today that The Red Crescent is readyalot of houses were burnt but it's hard to destroy a house that's made of brick, but peoples properties destroyed and worst people being killed, they found a mother with her arms wrapped around her children burnt to death:sad:so far the fire doesn't look like it's coming here to the Village, but it's pretty strange that people have devises starting the fires all over with the cell phonesthanks again my friend
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:30 PM   #9

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Hello my friend, as was said, a very good shot but under such sadcircumstances, glad to hear that you and your family are ok, its always the mindless few who don't care about there country or other peoples lives.
Thanks Alex. we are fine, but why this is happening is mind blowing, but it's those few that need to be punished and i don't mean slapped in the hand, thanks again my friend.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:32 PM   #10

Very nice shot! The sky is terrific4
Regards, Bali
balogh is offline   Reply With Quote