Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 29, 2007, 2:38 AM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Landscaper designers are using wild grasses, especially the colorful ones, in their designs here. Since that started I've been noticing how many colorful and interesting ones there are when walking or biking in New Mexico. To be effective I think it needs a large area. Anyone else seeing this?

Autumn wind ...
tip of the pampas grass
poets whisper

--Kiyoshi Fukuzawa (Tokyo)
Outside the door of the monastery
whirls of autumn leaves
mad monk laughing

Thanks, JDar, for the great contribution

Mad monk /T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:30 AM   #12

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Landscaper designers are using wild grasses, especially the colorful ones, in their designs here. Since that started I've been noticing how many colorful and interesting ones there are when walking or biking in New Mexico. To be effective I think it needs a large area. Anyone else seeing this?

Autumn wind ...
tip of the pampas grass
poets whisper

Good shots and scenes, nice shot of the dog....................musket.

I triedbrowsing the internet to define 'landscape photography'

to see if it means only large expanses of land, sea,and sky or combinations thereoff,

It seems not, it can include closeups of of things right down to just a lilly in a pond,

in theopinion of some.

'Creating a good composition is a skill. Creating a good photograph is an art.'quotes someone else :-)................musket.

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:27 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

musket wrote:
Quote:
JDar wrote:
Quote:

Autumn wind ...
tip of the pampas grass
poets whisper

Good shots and scenes, nice shot of the dog....................musket.

I triedbrowsing the internet to define 'landscape photography'

to see if it means only large expanses of land, sea,and sky or combinations thereoff,

It seems not, it can include closeups of of things right down to just a lilly in a pond,

in theopinion of some.

'Creating a good composition is a skill. Creating a good photograph is an art.'quotes someone else :-)................musket.

Thank you, musket. The definition of "landscape" must by necessity be arbitrary.

There is no other working definition of "art" (although circular) than "Art is what the artist calles art"

Perhaps the same goes for landscape photography, "Landscape photography is what the landscape photographer calles landscape photography" (also circular...)

Well, this is a "discussion forum" ... :-)

Would be interesting to see a mini discussion on the topic

In english as opposed to in swedish there is an established(?) expression, "cityscape". Makes very much sense to me

I wish you a nice late summer/(early fall) day

Torgny
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:51 AM   #14

Ooops! Well, it´s a sunny day

Torgny
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:05 AM   #15

Excellent Torgny!........... cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:07 PM   #16

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Excellent Torgny!........... cheers....Don
Thanks, Don, for viewing and commenting

/T
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:42 PM   #17

Torgny, I was thinking of your windmill pics today when I was out for a drive. I saw a train stopped on a siding. It was quite long and carried a few windmills in sections. They were quite large and looked almost like Rocket sections. But they were all white and even had the propellers on a couple of the cars. I went home for my camera but when I got back the train was gone. It would have been an interesting companion to your pics of assembled units.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:59 PM   #18

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Torgny, I was thinking of your windmill pics today when I was out for a drive. I saw a train stopped on a siding. It was quite long and carried a few windmills in sections. They were quite large and looked almost like Rocket sections. But they were all white and even had the propellers on a couple of the cars. I went home for my camera but when I got back the train was gone. It would have been an interesting companion to your pics of assembled units.
Keep an eye open for me. Perhaps you´ll get an other opportunity. Very thoughtful of you. We´re all in this photography obsession together. Thanks for viewing

Torgny

Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:48 PM   #19

For those people against windmills this is your alternative. And if you prefer this you are an idiot.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:20 PM   #20

Bynx wrote
:
Quote:
For those people against windmills this is your alternative. And if you prefer this you are an idiot.
I think windmills are beautiful. The sound is also great when you come close. They are enormous in size

Someone on this forum calls them "friendly monsters" :-)

Like your frank humour

Torgny

Attached Images