Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:32 PM   #21

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog I was thinking of this photo today when I was out by a creek. I couldnt get the slow shutter speed without overexposing the picture. I have Neutral density filters which I left at home. Without them there is no way to get a 3 or 4 second exposure. I wanted that smoky look to the water.
If you have a tripod with you and your camera is with the multiple exposure setting, you can try exposing the running water 2-3 times with each exposure set to a1/3 to 1/2 of the required one. Theeffect might not be the same as the one in the picture above, but the outcomeis always intriguing.The tripod has to be steady.Exposure is difficult to control, butyou can checkit out right away after each trial and make adjustment right away. Fun shooting I think.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"In fact, in the multiple exposure, you can out focus the scene for one of the exposures to create artistic effect for the final work. The blurring effect diminishes the harshness of the image produced.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:07 AM   #22

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
Bynx wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog I was thinking of this photo today when I was out by a creek. I couldnt get the slow shutter speed without overexposing the picture. I have Neutral density filters which I left at home. Without them there is no way to get a 3 or 4 second exposure. I wanted that smoky look to the water.
If you have a tripod with you and your camera is with the multiple exposure setting, you can try exposing the running water 2-3 times with each exposure set to a1/3 to 1/2 of the required one. Theeffect might not be the same as the one in the picture above, but the outcomeis always intriguing.The tripod has to be steady.Exposure is difficult to control, butyou can checkit out right away after each trial and make adjustment right away. Fun shooting I think.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"In fact, in the multiple exposure, you can out focus the scene for one of the exposures to create artistic effect for the final work. The blurring effect diminishes the harshness of the image produced.
I forgot to mention that definitely a tripod. I don't go anywhere if I can help it without it. The results should always be what you imagine them to be in your head, so have fun with slowing that shutter down.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:12 PM   #23

Awesome...your photo makes me want to journey to that very spot, put on an old pair of hiking boots, plunge in, go upstream and see what is around the actual (metaphorical) corner.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:22 PM   #24

digcamfan wrote:
Quote:
Awesome...your photo makes me want to journey to that very spot, put on an old pair of hiking boots, plunge in, go upstream and see what is around the actual (metaphorical) corner.
There lies the mystery for you:?Thanks for stopping by.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:45 PM   #25

Spectacular work Mandy, beautiful colours and composition.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:34 AM   #26

goomer wrote:
Quote:
Spectacular work Mandy, beautiful colours and composition.
Goomer thank you......truly.....coming from you this means alot.