Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:50 AM   #21

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

this looks like a Gorgeous Area to go on a family holiday.... or "retreat" to! Thanks for sharing the photos, you've done a good job with the exposure in varying and challenging harsh light conditions!
Dear Paul, thank you for your kind appreciation. Yes, it was a great retreat at least from the constant expectancy of shopping, repairing, construction, helping the wife and such jobs of a family man:-)

Yeah,spot metering helps inharsh lightingsituations andfortunately mygood old compact did not fail me once again : ) As for the full resolution version which is 12mb in size, though it is hardly possible to send itby Gmail, it shall be donethrough some other means!
Quote:
Interesting perspectives of that area. I'm guessing... but is that blue man-made object in photo 1 extending into the sea a floating type of jetty / fishing / swimming platform? I don't ever recall seeing something like that before...

I love your 2nd photo... looks like your daughter (or son..) is having fun in the water and sun, but for some reason it feels a bit "square"... I mean, I sort of wonder what might be to the RIGHT a bit more (did you crop this photo?)
You're quite observant my friend : ) That's my daughter! Used to seeing the wooden ones myself, it was an interesting'all purpose'platform, which did not seem ugly as one expects ofplastic, actually! I did not crop that picture. It must be due to 4:3 aspect ratio of my compact powershot. By the way, to the right of thepicture you mentioned, starts the border of stitchwork #1.In fact Itried stitching it too, but considering some visual comprimise Isimply renounced!

Quote:
The third one (as you mentioned, a stitchwork panorama) is great. I'd love to see a full resolution version one time, it's an interesting master piece, e.g. the windy road visible way in the distance nearer the sea, etc. (Just be careful, there appears some white on the extreme borders)

Thank you again : ) As for the full resolution version which is 12mb in size, though it is hardly possible to send itby Gmail, it shall be donethrough some other means! You're right! I too noticed that imperfection but after I had posted! Ah, I might beuncareful and then uncessarily lazy at times : (

.................................................. .................................................. ............

Hercules wrote:

Quote:
Very nice shots, i bet you unwinded and forgot all about work and stress, i know i do. You my friend have fish and wine and i have Octopus and ouzo

So pleased to hear fom you, my friend! As you've fully apprecited, it was great and I am looking forward to the next!

Yeah I also had octopus and sometimes calamary but as a light meal for lunch to gowell with ice-cold beer and as salad for dinner to go great with fish and red wine I bet it shoud also be great with ouzo whose brother raki which is most popular here!

Cheers : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:51 AM   #22

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely photos Bahadir. Looks like a great place for a holiday...Really like the first photo...cheers..Don
Thank you Don!Hope youcould see it for yourself next year.I have all the tricks

Yea, fortunatelythefirst oneturned out well as I expected: )

.................................................. .................................................. .....

Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots, Bahadir. I keep seeing tantalizing hints of the geology, but no details.

The rocks themselves have great stories to tell, things much older than ephemeral species like us.
Happy to hear your kind feedback : ) I love swimming in such places watching the rich landscape features! Hope I could findimages in my holiday archive including some more detail.

There's much truth in your words! As Jean Michael Cousteau puts it: nature will go on with or without us...

.................................................. ..............................................

Longside1 wrote:

Quote:
Bahadir,

Beautiful shots and well exposed in what would appear to be difficult lighting conditions. You really have captured the tranquility and beauty of the area! Great stuff!!

Matt
Thank you Matt! Yeah, quite naturally, harsh lighting is considered difficult. Luckly, my powershot seems to enjoy it right from the start :-)

I'm glad to share these stuffand receive thekind feedbacks from my tasteful friends here such as yourself : )

.................................................. .................................................. ..

musket wrote:
Quote:
What a nice place for a holiday.........good shots and scenes................musket
Thanksfor your kind interest! It's always great to hearyour appreciation: )

Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:51 AM   #23

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
cmoy wrote:
Quote:
NICE shots Bahadir!
Thank you Chris!The first and third pics. are actually stitchworks from my good old powershot S70 : )

Btw, since I know you like travelling a lot;guess I might see you around someday

More of your fabulous stitch work! We would love to visit Turkey one day :-) You can teach me stitching :-)
Anxiously expecting your visit, my friend! Ah, the idea of live workshop near some historically and naturally rich sitessounds so inspirational, indeed

.................................................. .................................................. .........

John Maddock wrote:
Quote:
Oh gosh Bahadir, I bet you had a really bad time there, all that fish and wine, must have been awful :G

Great picture too,

Regards, John.
Your humour cheered me up! Well, in terms of budgetyou can be right!Then a man will ultimately start to miss home :GBut as I wrote above, I have some good advice for the ones who intend to have a smilar holiday

Thank you my friend!

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Gisli wrote:
Quote:
Great set bahadir...fish and wine and warm sea...must have bin great.

Gisli
Dear Gisli, thank you for your kind feedback!

By experience, I can tell Octoberoffers the best value to enjoy them

Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:12 PM   #24

Very beautiful....would love to go there :lol:
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:45 AM   #25

Thanks Willow! Just get into your spacecraft and land here. Your first beer shall be my treat : )
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:41 PM   #26

Nice shots, I like so much the first one
zangarreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 5:12 PM   #27

It was finely stitched for your appreciation! Glad you liked it : )