Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:12 AM   #1

Hello all!

Well this is my 1000th post here... and I'm enjoying being back in the forums.

Here are 2 photos from a few months ago, both taken the same day, at the beginning and end of a voyage across Bass Strait (the water separating the island of Tasmania from Victoria, on mainland Australia).

The photo below is early in the morning, leaving Tasmania (at Devonport).

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:14 AM   #2

And this second photo is at the end of the voyage (about 8 hours later), soon to arrive in Melbourne at Port Phillip Bay.

Hope you enjoy both the photos...

Comments and feedback gladly appreciated!

Paul
Attached Images

Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:26 PM   #3

1000 posts entitles you to 2 free jumbo shrimp cooked on the barbie. Just send the bill care of Steve DigitCams.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 1:50 PM   #4

Dear Paul,appreciating your dedication to other members' issues, sincerity, and politeness, I heartly celebrate your 1000 posts herenone of whichone couldcallas junk

Hope to celebrate the 2000th post, perhaps, about this time next year

Btw, I should say, whileenjoying the beautiful sight of sunrays piercing the clouds I especially liked the firstpic with quite well satutratedrich landscape surrounded by the sea of piercing blue!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 3:42 PM   #5

Congrats pj on your 1000 post and many more to come from down under, they are both great shots stupid me today i went in the city to see the Spartathlon where people from all countries would run from Athens Acropolis to Sparta non stop 250klm which happens every year, and i forget to take my camera
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 4:40 PM   #6

Both are quite beautiful.

The second is amazing! The sea is an incredible place. The most beautiful things happen where there's hardly anybody to see them. Image what glorious sights occur when no one's around.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:06 PM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Both are quite beautiful.

The second is amazing! The sea is an incredible place. The most beautiful things happen where there's hardly anybody to see them. Image what glorious sights occur when no one's around.
Fortunately there are cameras and photographers of all kinds ready to record a fraction of it

"I saw wonderful things"

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:31 PM   #8

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
1000 posts entitles you to 2 free jumbo shrimp cooked on the barbie. Just send the bill care of Steve DigitCams.
Ha ha ha!!! :lol: You made me laugh, Bynx! Good to see you understand and incorporate the Aussie sense of humour there too! :G

I'll invite you to join in the Barbie, mate, if you're in our area "down under"!

Paul
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:37 PM   #9

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Dear Paul,appreciating your dedication to other members' issues, sincerity, and politeness, I heartly celebrate your 1000 posts herenone of whichone couldcallas junk

Hope to celebrate the 2000th post, perhaps, about this time next year

Btw, I should say, whileenjoying the beautiful sight of sunrays piercing the clouds I especially liked the firstpic with quite well satutratedrich landscape surrounded by the sea of piercing blue!!
Thanks for your all too kind words, Bahadir! It's good to be part of a friendly online community! We can all learn a lot from each other, and not just in photography...!

Well yes, it would be good to contribute 1000 more posts within the next 365 days. Let's see how well I go on average!!

I'm glad you appreciate both photos... indeed interesting to note the difference in light and colours from the same stretch of water after just an 8 hour voyage across it!

Bahair, your insightful and genuine posts are certainly appreciated by many, including me!

Paul
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:40 PM   #10

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Congrats pj on your 1000 post and many more to come from down under, they are both great shots stupid me today i went in the city to see the Spartathlon where people from all countries would run from Athens Acropolis to Sparta non stop 250klm which happens every year, and i forget to take my camera
Hi Hercules,

Thanks for your kind congrats! And thanks for commenting on them, glad you like them.

Sorry to hear that yor forgot to take your camera to the Spartathlon. Actually exactly 1 year ago I was in your country, Greece, not too far from Sparta actually... on honeymoon (wow time flies!) We didn't know about the Spartathlon (then) though... but we drove past Sparta it 6 times! Well, we miss out on seeing some photos from you of hot runners taking part of the 250km run!!!

By the way... Is it still warm in Greece? Or has some autumn rain and coolness relieved things (yet?) I know it was a hot summer with bush fires there, quite similar to some problems we have regularly here in Australia!!

Paul