Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:51 AM   #1

This Village is about 15min from my house, The bridge is about 150yrs old tried to google it but nothing comes up, and a couple shots of the theatre but it would of been great if i had a wider lens
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:53 AM   #2

Hercules,

This is really an interesting series of shots, with a TON of history behind them, I'm sure. Shame there apparently isn't anything on google about Xirokambi Lakonias. (yet?). Nor on wikipedia.... as I checked.

Roughly in what historic period was the bridge and the theatre produced and used in?

I particularly like both views of the theatre. Not a big problem you couldn't get it all in with a wider lens, maybe...Would any of the surrounding hills give a good perspective of it (as it seems a hilly area?)

thanks for sharing.

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:48 PM   #3

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hercules,

This is really an interesting series of shots, with a TON of history behind them, I'm sure. Shame there apparently isn't anything on google about Xirokambi Lakonias. (yet?). Nor on wikipedia.... as I checked.

Roughly in what historic period was the bridge and the theatre produced and used in?

I particularly like both views of the theatre. Not a big problem you couldn't get it all in with a wider lens, maybe...Would any of the surrounding hills give a good perspective of it (as it seems a hilly area?)

thanks for sharing.

Paul

Thanks pj, i have a friend that works in Xirokambi and i will ask him next time i see him and post it, no i don't think any of the hills would've gave a better perspective the bridge was to the left of the theatre, thanks again
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:52 PM   #4

Great scenic shots, possibly a tripod and some pano stitching might be a way

until you get a wide angle lens...........................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:55 PM   #5

musket wrote:
Quote:
Great scenic shots, possibly a tripod and some pano stitching might be a way

until you get a wide angle lens...........................musket
Thanks musket, yuk a tripod, but i may have to try a pano for the 1st time
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:19 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules,

As always robust photography with a content. Did you do any PP to lighten the shadows?

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 6:19 AM   #7

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
hercules,

As always robust photography with a content. Did you do any PP to lighten the shadows?

Torgny
Torgny thanks for the appreciation, just very little shadow & highlights thats it though, they were taken with my 400D and 17-85 IS lens
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:48 PM   #8

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hercules,

Paul

Well paul i asked my friend that works there and he told me they were buil roughly around 150 or 200yrs ago, the theatre was built for like school plays and such, p.s since you've been gone for a while you can check out some of my other vacation shots at my gallery here http://www.pbase.com/spartanwarrior
Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:40 PM   #9

Ilove such historical bridges!

Theseedifices,intertwined with the grass and lichen thus beautifully integrated with nature, look lovelyespecially under thelate afternoon sun

Btw,is your friendsure thatthe theater is as old as the bridge(150-200 yrs. old)??
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:00 PM   #10

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ilove such historical bridges!

Theseedifices,intertwined with the grass and lichen thus beautifully integrated with nature, look lovelyespecially under thelate afternoon sun

Btw,is your friendsure thatthe theater is as old as the bridge (150-200 yrs. old)??
Thanks my friend,today i went back to xirokambi and went to the city hall their, we were wrong big time, the theater was built about 10yrs ago for like i said school play's and such, but get this the Bridge is not old it's ancient like almost built 1000yrs B.C. and is the oldest bridge in Europe, ya arkadias i kind of also thought to myself that the theater looked newer also