Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:13 PM   #1

I was going to write a story about how I first heard about this place, how I can't believe nobody ever told me about it, and how bad my luck was with rain showing up every time I was about to make the 3 hour drive, but I'll just skip all that and get to the pictures.

These were all taken with my Pentax K100D hand-held, with the 18-55 kit lens. The lighting was a bit poor due to being in the shade and the hazy sky being pure white (it's not really overexposure when you see the sky), but I think you'll still get the idea.

About the first thing you see when you get into the park. I'm posting these chronologically.

The view from the bridge.

I decided to leave the tourists in the shots as they do help give a sense of scale.

Well that's all for now. I haven't had the time to process all the images so this is just the first half. I've been putting in a decent amount of dodging and burning as well as tweaking the colors to try and compensate for the dull lighting and get it to look more like it did to my eyes.

To be continued...
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:08 PM   #2

Oh, I almost felt I was also there : ) Appealing series despite the dull weather you mentioned. Fortunately green colour stands outin such weather!

Looking forward toseeing the rest...Well done, Corpsy
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:26 PM   #3

Thanks so much. Never been there but Ive seen the best from your photo tour. Nice shots that have captured the atmosphere well.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:35 PM   #4

A beautiful place and an excellent composition in all the photos.

zangarreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:55 PM   #5

Magnificent, great images. I particularly like the "vertical landscape" images, I find myself using that technique on my scenic shots with a lot more success than the traditional horizontal landscape. What a beautiful place, and so well handled in your images.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:29 PM   #6

Incredible scenery, wonderful pictures. Really makes me want to get in the car and drive across country just to visit.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 4:10 AM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Magnificent, great images. I particularly like the "vertical landscape" images, I find myself using that technique on my scenic shots with a lot more success than the traditional horizontal landscape. What a beautiful place, and so well handled in your images.

Ira
Agree on all points. Vertical landscapes. It´s a shame that the wide monitors show such small images

Great shots

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 4:41 AM   #8

Greetings Corpsy,

I agree, great photos and yes, the vertical perspective on these works really well. I imagine quite challenging photo conditions, but you've done very well with the colours and exposure. I think the fact that only one of them has a blown out sky isn't bad at all...

I get a great "feel" to the place through your photos... And I look forward to reading your "story" about this place sometime too!!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:01 AM   #9

Your 3 hour trip was well worth it, those are great series of shots with nice colors and composition, great work
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:04 AM   #10

w0w great series indeed!!! loved every one of them,I would love to visit some day!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote