Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:15 PM   #11

You seem like a very happy and pleased young man and I can see why. Wish I was "RICH" just kidding!!! I own a Nikon d80 and have had a love,hate relationship with just for these same reasons "BUT" can I really put the blame on the camera, "no"not really because its doing the very best it can. "I.S". is a dream come true for these type of shots.I have just sold my panasonic fz20 and it was hard to part with it indeed, for the love of the "anti shake" fetcher. You bet if it was not for the high noise levels I would have kept it and bought me a laptop....So now I have been doing the ole looking and peaking around at some other cameras like the new Pentax and the new sony.I posted tons of photos on the pana forums 70% of them hand held macro shots,and it was the "I.S".that helped pull the shots off... we should be very greatful for the camera manufactures for bringing this great feature to us.....

great photos indeed!!!!

will0w
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:05 PM   #12

Iagree with with everyone, terrific shots, neat and colourful

very different look to the pictures from the last camera...............musket

I can see your going to get a lot of pleasure outof this one :-)
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:16 PM   #13

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
You seem like a very happy and pleased young man and I can see why. Wish I was "RICH" just kidding!!! I own a Nikon d80 and have had a love,hate relationship with just for these same reasons "BUT" can I really put the blame on the camera, "no"not really because its doing the very best it can. "I.S". is a dream come true for these type of shots.I have just sold my panasonic fz20 and it was hard to part with it indeed, for the love of the "anti shake" fetcher. You bet if it was not for the high noise levels I would have kept it and bought me a laptop....So now I have been doing the ole looking and peaking around at some other cameras like the new Pentax and the new sony.I posted tons of photos on the pana forums 70% of them hand held macro shots,and it was the "I.S".that helped pull the shots off... we should be very greatful for the camera manufactures for bringing this great feature to us.....

great photos indeed!!!!

will0w
Your kindfeedback made me an even more pleased and happier young man... Oh! younger, I might even say:-)Yeah, I wasinterested in Pana series the year before but it was the noise issue which was a stopper for me. Anyway,I've justgone back to see some very impressive pictures youposted in last year's Pana forums

Again, thanks for your appreciation..

.................................................. ...........................................

musket wrote:
Quote:
Iagree with with everyone, terrific shots, neat and colourful

very different look to the pictures from the last camera...............musket

I can see your going to get a lot of pleasure outof this one :-)
Thank you for letting me know your comperative feedback. I believethese kindremarks will bring me good luck with this one, my friend!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:30 AM   #14

Congratulations with your new "toy" Bahadir!

Or should we call it a "fine tool" in the hands of an already very accomplished and master photographer using your trust P&S Canon!

I'm happy for you!

About the photos, they are indeed special, capturing that evening light and it's great that the in-built IS helps you to do that. Indeed I find IS so hand, even though I only have it in one lens (though that is my favourite and most used lens, the 28-135mm). It's certainly handy to have it built into the body, to have it in every lens, as you show, - being able to capture these clear shots at 1/2 to 1/5 of a second!

I hope you don't mind me "critiquing" these photos... The compositions are great. I love the lights / water effect you captured. And seeing the 2 guys sitting on the path - looking over the rocks reminds me of the lovely times I've seen and enjoyed being at the Mediterranean. Were you using the "widest" setting (zoomed out) for photo 1? I feel maybe cutting the top off one of the palms a shame... but it might have been impossible not to!

I feel that photos 2 and 4 especially seem to be leaning a bit down to the right! But otherwise they are great photos.

Well done... looking forward to many more photos (and your wonderful stories / background to each scene!)

Again, congratulations my friend!!:|

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:45 AM   #15

Dear Paul,

Your insightful comments cheered me up as usual : ) I should also say I'm humbled by your kind compliments! Indeed, you have a wide range of shooting experience from the East Europe to Mediterranean andto Australia, andI'm happy to evoke some of your memories ! Ah,btw, as forexperience I can say; if you're already feeling happy, this 'fine tool' makes you even happier!Andat the times whenyou'rereally unhappy, but still dare to hold it, it can make feel, at least, allrightHope I'm not over generalizing!

I should also say I'm so happy to receive your spot on critiquesYeah, I remember my dilemma about including the top of the palm or the foreground:-) If I had included the top then there would have been too much air in the sight which meant I had tosacrifice much ofthe 'perspective lines' and the green in the foreground.My primary concern wastrying to get to know thehabits!! of the lensattached to the body set to ISO 1000. Btw, the focal length for that shot was 23mm. Only #2 and #3 were set to 17mm. wide end. You're also right about the leaning issuein pics. 2 & 4. Maybe it was because,quite by surprise!, I saw eu(Emre) coming towards me while shooting and had a conversation meanwhile (blah, blah...):G

Thanks again for the great feedback, my friend!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 9:57 AM   #16

As for the battery, I doubt it could be any better at present.

You, and others with lithiumsmight want to read this http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

The camera was a fine choice, probably the best bang for the buck out there today.

Niceto see a deserving fellow like yourself get it.

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 2:12 PM   #17

Bahadir, Congrats on the new camera, the images are beautiful.
Jim1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:17 PM   #18

Tazzie wrote:
Quote:
As for the battery, I doubt it could be any better at present.

You, and others with lithiumsmight want to read this http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

The camera was a fine choice, probably the best bang for the buck out there today.

Niceto see a deserving fellow like yourself get it.

So happy to be able to qualifyyour kind compliment! And thank you also for thereading during which my hands searched for the batteryreleaseon the bottom of my computer :-)

.................................................. ...................................

@Jim1957 wrote:

Quote:
Bahadir, Congrats on the new camera, the images are beautiful.
Hey! Never before did the pilot's announcement appleal to me that much

Great awatar, btw!Could be bothprofessionand hobby I suppose : )
Old Oct 13, 2007, 4:51 AM   #19

Its my profession, photography is my hobby. The old avatar looked too washed out, i's hard to get a good exposure with a black lab. I don't have many pix of myself as I am always on the other side of the camera. My FO took the current avatar flying over the Catskill mountains in New York. They were snow covered hence the highlights are completely blown.
Jim1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:06 AM   #20

These are truely fine shots. I am especially taken by #1 and 5. Like yourself I have been frustrated by the inability to take hand held photos at a moments notice because of low light conditions. I have seen the chatter about the upgrading of higher iso images but not until I see shots such as these am I convinced that it is time to move on from the 10D.
All the best,
Joe B.
joenl is offline   Reply With Quote