Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:55 PM   #21

Greetings Torgny,

Thanks for your kind comments and for viewing them.

I'm interested... do you have a favourite of all these photos? And if so, which one?

Best wishes...

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:34 PM   #22

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Greetings Torgny,

Thanks for your kind comments and for viewing them.

I'm interested... do you have a favourite of all these photos? And if so, which one?

Best wishes...

Paul
If I have to pick a favourite, it´s hard to do, it would be number one because of it´s excellent composition and clarity. On the other hand those qualities characterise most of the other pictures.

Thanks for giving a "picture" of Adelaide and Australia. It feels like I already have been there via your photographical "warp-points" and your presentations

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:30 AM   #23

This are very nice. That polarizer is smokin.... very nice colors...

Photo 4 is my favorite for a city scene... nice framing and DOF with the trees. What fstop were you using?

The other favorite is the water fall... I prefer nature to buildings.. living in California .. you have a hard time getting away from all the people. I think that is why I like shooting landscape shots.. makes me have to go find a place with no people...

Will probably get eaten by a bear on day.. with my luck.

Cheers,

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:54 AM   #24

Beautiful shots Paul. What a lovely city you live in. The colours are so rich and vibrant. The polarizer really works well for these shots......cheers..Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:24 PM   #25

Curmudgeon wrote:
Quote:
Photo 4 is my favorite for a city scene... nice framing and DOF with the trees. What fstop were you using?

The other favorite is the water fall... I prefer nature to buildings.. living in California .. you have a hard time getting away from all the people. I think that is why I like shooting landscape shots.. makes me have to go find a place with no people...

Will probably get eaten by a bear on day.. with my luck.

Cheers,

Bill
Hi Bill,

Sorry I took a while answering your post... I've been busy - just got a new job (applying, interviews, etc). Will start my new job Monday 29th Oct!

To answer about which f-stop I used... it was f11. That is (as I guess you know) the classic "landscape" aperture setting, useful for many landscape scenes to get all (or as much of) the scene in focus. Of course there are other times with other aperture settings are more appropriate!

I also generally prefer nature photography to city scene photography... but once in a while I do appreciate the variety of architecture and snap away a few shots.

Australia is about the same size as the US... but has 20 million people... so yes, there are many areas which have so much space... though of course we have some deserts in the interior as well! But most people (especially Europeans) who come to Australia seem to comment on the luxury of space we have, not just out in the countryside, but how spread out our cities are as well!

Cheers...

Paul

PS... we don't have bears, but we have enough other creepy crawlies and things like crocodiles to keep you "on one's toes" in the outback!! :G
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:26 PM   #26

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots Paul. What a lovely city you live in. The colours are so rich and vibrant. The polarizer really works well for these shots......cheers..Don
Hello Don!

Thanks for looking. Sorry I took a while to acknowledge your kind words also.

Indeed Adelaide is a lovely city. When the sun's out (which is most of the time here!) there certainly is a lot of wonderful colour to capture, and yes, the polariser helps in these situations to deepen the sky and greens of grass / trees, etc. Especially in certain angles against the sun!!

Thanks for your comments.

Paul