Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:55 PM   #1

This pic was actually taken by my daughter using a Kodak Easyshare. Its such a lovely scene I couldn't help playing with it with Photoshop and Photo Matrix. The first shot is close to the original with just a slight enhancement of the color using the photo editing software that came with the camera, and then adding a darkened edge around the photo

This second pic is the one I altered in Photoshop and did several variations of exposures, and then ran through Photomatrix.

Attached Images

Robleemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:03 PM   #2

Comments, advice, alterations and complaints always welcomed!
Attached Images

Robleemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:12 AM   #3

Oh! There' s almost nothing better instilling a love of photography and nature in one's daughter : ) I knowby experiencesince Ialso have one! As for the image,such a vibrant scene from her vision!! I have always envied children'sperception full of excitement (don't know how old your daghter is, though) : )Imight comment more ifI could see the exif. Though yours is agreat improvement over the original,looks like your daughtercaused a slightmovement depressing the shutter release, which iscommon with children and adults alike!, and again, whichyou can hardlyheal later like exposure issues or such : ( Btw, sinceI sawa similar amount of blurrinessboth in the foregroundand in the background,I could not saythat's a case of'OOF'.

Well, let's just notovershadow her enjoymentwith such stuff :-)

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:19 PM   #4

I expect Jungle Jim to burst out of the jungle chased by a woman eating lion. Here is my take on your pic which is out of focus. I like the dreamy quality you have. It might look good taken back in strength and used as a background texture with type put on top. Here is my take on your pic.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote