Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:38 PM   #11

musket wrote:
Quote:
Great scenes, lots of leg exercise mixed in, well worth the hike..............musket
Oh! lots of tongue exercise, too, when you go with some friends :-)

Thanks forthe kind words!

.................................................. .........................

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

Your # 2 is my preferred choice. The framing drives the eye right into the heart of the valley to the river and yet there is sufficient (but not too much) presence of the surrounding hills to make one sense the breadth and depth of the hills as they descend to the river. I think all the elements come together in this one.

Your #1 isn't bad either, and if viewed just on its own merit, is a creditable scene.

Wonderful looking hiking country. Cheers, Dan
Dan,it's been a pleasure to read youreloquent feedback,whichdoes justice to the scene as much as the actual image : ) Thank you!

.................................................. ................................

Redsquare wrote:

Quote:
Really like them all, Number 2 is my favourite orientation youve done a good job with that pano too, looks like a lovely place
Thank you Dale!

I'm pleased toread the appreciationof the master of 'strange angles' whose works we've appreciatedrecently :-)

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:01 PM   #12

Hi bahadir!

I love both photos 1 and 2... photo 3 seems to "lack" the beautiful natural framing of the trees that the other two have.

Maybe photo 2 my favourite of this bunch...

Looks like you had a good hike... good on you!

The water in the dam is a good "feature" in the first 2 photos, though I wonder, is Balçova Dam a bit on the low side? (lack of water?)...

There is just a hint (a bit) of haze (looks like it was still warm) around in the distance... not sure if a polariser would have got rid of that... but you've captured the scene very well my friend!

Thanks..

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 6:18 PM   #13

Hi Bahadir. Nice to see you out and about with the new machine. Myself, I like both, but I do like the way the portrait version isolates the valley more so than the landscape version. Removes some of the distractions that way. But both are very nice.

It is nice to get out of the city, no? As I posted in my "view from the top" thread, I hate to leave when I go up the mountain. The quiet is intoxicating to me.........cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 6:59 PM   #14

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi bahadir!

I love both photos 1 and 2... photo 3 seems to "lack" the beautiful natural framing of the trees that the other two have.

Maybe photo 2 my favourite of this bunch...

Looks like you had a good hike... good on you!

The water in the dam is a good "feature" in the first 2 photos, though I wonder, is Balçova Dam a bit on the low side? (lack of water?)...

There is just a hint (a bit) of haze (looks like it was still warm) around in the distance... not sure if a polariser would have got rid of that... but you've captured the scene very well my friend!

Thanks..

Paul

I'm overjoyed reading your comments my keen- eyed, tasteful, observant friend!

Indeed, regarding the rain last year, wehadquite lowerthan the averageof itwhich isobserved in the level our local dam in my picture : ( Neverthless, this September was encoraging for the rest of the year!

I am actually considering a polariser, a 72mm Heliopan or a B+W perhaps...both of which cost almost as much as the cost of a kit lens!!

Old Nov 3, 2007, 7:05 PM   #15

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir. Nice to see you out and about with the new machine. Myself, I like both, but I do like the way the portrait version isolates the valley more so than the landscape version. Removes some of the distractions that way. But both are very nice.

It is nice to get out of the city, no? As I posted in my "view from the top" thread, I hate to leave when I go up the mountain. The quiet is intoxicating to me.........cheers....Don
Thank you my friend! Liking both, and perhaps, even favouring the first one just a little more,you seem to be the only one to go against the grain this time :-)

Btw, I quite liked the way how youinterpreted my feelingalso:''... I hate to leave when I go up the mountain''
Old Nov 4, 2007, 6:50 AM   #16

Hi Bahadir. I agree, number 2 is the best of the lot. The valley is nicely accented by framing of close trees and by the hazy ridge in the distance.

Nice work.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:59 PM   #17

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots arkadias, all three are great but i prefer #2 but opinions do very, enjoying your K10 are we
Thank you for letting me know about your preference, arkadaş!Though my initial impression was in favour of the first one I could not help but post the second one about which I'm happy aboutnow. Btw, you'll have to enjoy my K10D when my sigma lens returns from the service :-)
I also like the 1st one but #2 was more attracted to my eye arkadias, btw what happened to your sigma;(
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:21 AM   #18

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir. I agree, number 2 is the best of the lot. The valley is nicely accented by framing of close trees and by the hazy ridge in the distance.

Nice work.

Thank you for your explanatory and kind feedback, my friend!

.................................................. ................

Hercules wrote:

Arkadaş, thanks again for your appreciation and your concern!

I was quite pleased with the 2/3 of thelens sight! Oh,but that 1/3 part to the right was softer than the left when zoomed 100%, especially to the borders, it wasawful!So I sent back the lens indicating my complaints. I've just got back the lens today after the calibration. Now the border to the right is only bad !!:G

Following isthe thread I started at the Lens forum before sending it by UPS:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=94

Parts of this bulletin board may not function unless you enable JavaScript (also called Active Scripting) in your browser.

Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:12 AM   #19

Going on a hike without a camera is like going without your boots, especially in beautiful country like that. Looks like you're getting some great use out of that K10 - those shots are spectacular.

It depends on the subject, but in most cases I prefer landscape over portrait.

I'm interested in knowing how you like your K10 so far. Judging from your work, it seems like an impressive piece.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:42 AM   #20

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
Going on a hike without a camera is like going without your boots, especially in beautiful country like that. Looks like you're getting some great use out of that K10 - those shots are spectacular.
Toshi, thanks a lot for youreloquent wordsand encouragement!

Quote:
It depends on the subject, but in most cases I prefer landscape over portrait.
Eh, after all I was shooting landscape pictures : )
Quote:
I'm interested in knowing how you like your K10 so far. Judging from your work, it seems like an impressive piece.
Feels so robust and balanced which is important for hiking!Don't fear dropping it while swapping hands, etc: ) Requires no PP (withthe default 'zero'in camerasharpening, saturationand contrast)especially if you convertfrom raw to jpeg through the bundled software, which is a breeze!Sensitiveenough to capture thebeautyitsmaster couldperceive,which meansfarewell to the greyishdull greens :lol: