Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:53 AM   #1

Inspired by my accidental shot of the moon yesterday (at the end of this thread), I stepped outside early, just in time to see these before mist rose and clouded the scene. Venus may just be visible on your monitor below the cloud on the left.
(#1)
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:55 AM   #2

(#2)
Attached Images

Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:58 AM   #3

(#3). Not exactly a landscape, but I'm pleased with it from my Kodak Z712is, which cost only about 200 ukpounds. 1/25s, f/4.8, ISO64, 432mm equiv.
Attached Images

Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:08 AM   #4

...and this (#4) is the shot taken yesterday that inspired me to take the others. It has an accidental moon half-way on the left. Other versions and opinions and its little story are in the 'Biweekly Shoot Out' at...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...818131#p818131
Attached Images

Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:26 AM   #5

Hi Alan!

Interesting series of moon / dawn shots.

I love scenes which capture a different perspective than normal, and yours with the moon included and with portrait shots make them interesting for me.

Unfortunately I don't think I can pick up or see venus (either my monitor or my eyes or my brain..!!) :G

However I do see a line in the first two photos, sort of at a 45 angle going from roughly centre right down to middle bottom of the sky area. Any idea what that is? (apart from the blaze of a comet or falling star?) :-)

The moon shot is good, though quite noisy (background) I'm impressed with the details and colour of the interesting 1/4 moon! As you said, not bad for a 200 pound stirling camera!

Love the colours of the last shot, and well done for "accidentally" including the moon in that too!!

thanks for sharing!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:13 AM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Inspired by my accidental shot of the moon yesterday (at the end of this thread), I stepped outside early, just in time to see these before mist rose and clouded the scene. Venus may just be visible on your monitor below the cloud on the left.
(#1)
Yes, it is well worth to use the days from their beginning.

Yes, Venus is visible. Morning star, Evening star. Frege on meaning and reference. Great pictures, Alan. Thanks for waking (staying?) up

Tezla dreamer

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:24 AM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

pj1974

Congratulations to your 10th post. There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who donĀ“t

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:39 AM   #8

Sweet, love the third pic, well done.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:52 AM   #9

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
...don't think I can pick up or see venus (either my monitor or my eyes or my brain..!!) ....line..sort of at a 45 angle
Thanks, Paul.

Here's a horribly noisy 1:1 clip with Venus on. I don't know why all shots at full zoom with the Z712 appear so noisy, even at maximum resolution.

The line is a vapour trail from a passing airliner. Hundredsof planes pass over every day. We're just far enough away from Manchester & Liverpool airports for them to be inaudible, usually. I struggled and failed to get exposure and twiddling correct to exhibit both the features and the colours at a suitable level of brightness and contrast. I'm still working on it....

Attached Images

Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:59 AM   #10

Nice shots with the kodak, I paricularly like the zoom on #3 as well.........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote