Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:22 PM   #21

Curmudgeon wrote:
Quote:
Very Nice Bahadir as usual. I would love to see a close up of the fence. It looks inviting for further investigation. Red wine with Chicken???????? Oh, well those long hikes are difficult in chilling the white wine....
Thank you for your joyful contribution my friend

For me 'Red wine for red meat, white wine for white meat' is a good motto butfor beginners only:blah:Some of my friends makeliterally magical white wine!The whitereally tastesdeliciousitself, with light appetizers , butdeprived ofthetanninic power!! it wouldfade like pop soda against the strong flavour of the dish I cook:G

Below is another picture of the fence shot closer. Hope you like: )

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:40 PM   #22

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots Bahadir! Nice to see you've adjusted to the dslr so smoothly. My favorite shot is the flames and bottle of wine...super composition. I admire the insight you had for creating this photo. I don't think it would have ever dawned on me to compose such a photo. Very cool....cheers...Don
Dear Don, with all your beautiful bird shots and dramatic landscapes you're one of those who really inspired me andurged me to go DSLR finally! Btw, thanks for letting me know your favourite. Oh, it's just that I didn't bother holding the camera andpressing the shutter releasewhile enjoying the winter sun and the red red wine : )

.................................................. ........

Calicacun wrote:

Quote:
Nice shots, number one is my favorite, though the food cooking in the pan did make me want to eat.
I quite like reading your kind comments : )

Would like to put some more chicken into the pan andfill another glass for you!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:25 AM   #23

Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:35 PM   #24

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
No harm my friend! I like people who laugh and eata lot:lol: Actually,it was already a serving for one person!

Btw, thank youfor your kind appreciation for the images!I had theSigma choose thiscopyamong five lenses upon my returning backthe17-70for the third time!!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:46 AM   #25

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
No harm my friend! I like people who laugh and eata lot:lol: Actually,it was already a serving for one person!

Btw, thank youfor your kind appreciation for the images!I had theSigma choose thiscopyamong five lenses upon my returning backthe17-70for the third time!!
What other lenses did you have, so the sigma seems to work fine now
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:51 AM   #26

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

What other lenses did you have, so the sigma seems to work fine now
Thank you arkadaş : ) I had only the 17-70 right from the start instead of the kit lens. Despite the heavy replacement traffic between myself and thedistributor in Istanbul, my next choiceis again likely to be another sigma, the 10-20, at the first convenience!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:43 AM   #27
Jif

the 2[suP]nd[/suP] image is my favorite, the depth makes it almost possible to walk right into the scenery! I also like the harmonious blending of nature and civilization –with both the cultivated terrain in the background and the more rugged terrain in the foreground.

Jif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:34 AM   #28

Jif wrote:
Quote:
the 2[suP]nd[/suP] image is my favorite, the depth makes it almost possible to walk right into the scenery! I also like the harmonious blending of nature and civilization –with both the cultivated terrain in the background and the more rugged terrain in the foreground.
Julia, I am so happy to read your eloquent sentences again! Ievencome acrossthe traces of ancient civilizations blended with nature on my hikes sometimes. The picture you mention wasshot @ tele end (70mm) of the lens from where I enchamped. Btw, the horsesthere arefree ones!

*I see you've moved from Philedelphia toCairo, Egypt for your studies!! So,you mightpost some pictures soon

Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:11 AM   #29

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Calicacun wrote:

Quote:
Nice shots, number one is my favorite, though the food cooking in the pan did make me want to eat.
I quite like reading your kind comments : )

Would like to put some more chicken into the pan andfill another glass for you!
Well if things go well here at work, they may be sending me to Turkey for a couple of years to help start up a new site. I have no idea of where in Turkey but after seeing your pictures from there, I should have no trouble finding something to shot.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:51 AM   #30

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Well if things go well here at work, they may be sending me to Turkey for a couple of years to help start up a new site. I have no idea of where in Turkey but after seeing your pictures from there, I should have no trouble finding something to shot.
I believe you'll find much much more with a fresh mind! You know,one gets indifferent to things whichone sees so often in time, against which I try tokeep cautious (oh, as much as I can of course!!)
Hope things go well there and you let me know aboutyour arrival here