Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:22 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Curmudgeon wrote:
Quote:
Very Nice Bahadir as usual. I would love to see a close up of the fence. It looks inviting for further investigation. Red wine with Chicken???????? Oh, well those long hikes are difficult in chilling the white wine....
Thank you for your joyful contribution my friend

For me 'Red wine for red meat, white wine for white meat' is a good motto butfor beginners only:blah:Some of my friends makeliterally magical white wine!The whitereally tastesdeliciousitself, with light appetizers , butdeprived ofthetanninic power!! it wouldfade like pop soda against the strong flavour of the dish I cook:G

Below is another picture of the fence shot closer. Hope you like: )


Attached Images
 
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:40 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots Bahadir! Nice to see you've adjusted to the dslr so smoothly. My favorite shot is the flames and bottle of wine...super composition. I admire the insight you had for creating this photo. I don't think it would have ever dawned on me to compose such a photo. Very cool....cheers...Don
Dear Don, with all your beautiful bird shots and dramatic landscapes you're one of those who really inspired me andurged me to go DSLR finally! Btw, thanks for letting me know your favourite. Oh, it's just that I didn't bother holding the camera andpressing the shutter releasewhile enjoying the winter sun and the red red wine : )

.................................................. ........

Calicacun wrote:

Quote:
Nice shots, number one is my favorite, though the food cooking in the pan did make me want to eat.
I quite like reading your kind comments : )

Would like to put some more chicken into the pan andfill another glass for you!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:25 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:35 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
No harm my friend! I like people who laugh and eata lot:lol: Actually,it was already a serving for one person!

Btw, thank youfor your kind appreciation for the images!I had theSigma choose thiscopyamong five lenses upon my returning backthe17-70for the third time!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:46 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
No harm my friend! I like people who laugh and eata lot:lol: Actually,it was already a serving for one person!

Btw, thank youfor your kind appreciation for the images!I had theSigma choose thiscopyamong five lenses upon my returning backthe17-70for the third time!!
What other lenses did you have, so the sigma seems to work fine now
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:51 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice sharp images from your pantax my friend, especially with that nice pan cooking a healthy meal, but that serving would only be for me:G
No harm my friend! I like people who laugh and eata lot:lol: Actually,it was already a serving for one person!

Btw, thank youfor your kind appreciation for the images!I had theSigma choose thiscopyamong five lenses upon my returning backthe17-70for the third time!!
What other lenses did you have, so the sigma seems to work fine now
Thank you arkadaş : ) I had only the 17-70 right from the start instead of the kit lens. Despite the heavy replacement traffic between myself and thedistributor in Istanbul, my next choiceis again likely to be another sigma, the 10-20, at the first convenience!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:43 AM   #27
Jif
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7
Default

the 2[suP]nd[/suP] image is my favorite, the depth makes it almost possible to walk right into the scenery! I also like the harmonious blending of nature and civilization –with both the cultivated terrain in the background and the more rugged terrain in the foreground.




Jif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:34 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Jif wrote:
Quote:
the 2[suP]nd[/suP] image is my favorite, the depth makes it almost possible to walk right into the scenery! I also like the harmonious blending of nature and civilization –with both the cultivated terrain in the background and the more rugged terrain in the foreground.
Julia, I am so happy to read your eloquent sentences again! Ievencome acrossthe traces of ancient civilizations blended with nature on my hikes sometimes. The picture you mention wasshot @ tele end (70mm) of the lens from where I enchamped. Btw, the horsesthere arefree ones!

*I see you've moved from Philedelphia toCairo, Egypt for your studies!! So,you mightpost some pictures soon




bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:11 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Calicacun wrote:

Quote:
Nice shots, number one is my favorite, though the food cooking in the pan did make me want to eat.
I quite like reading your kind comments : )

Would like to put some more chicken into the pan andfill another glass for you!
Well if things go well here at work, they may be sending me to Turkey for a couple of years to help start up a new site. I have no idea of where in Turkey but after seeing your pictures from there, I should have no trouble finding something to shot.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:51 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Well if things go well here at work, they may be sending me to Turkey for a couple of years to help start up a new site. I have no idea of where in Turkey but after seeing your pictures from there, I should have no trouble finding something to shot.
I believe you'll find much much more with a fresh mind! You know,one gets indifferent to things whichone sees so often in time, against which I try tokeep cautious (oh, as much as I can of course!!)
Hope things go well there and you let me know aboutyour arrival here
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:33 AM.