Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:04 AM   #1

I took these yesterday (Christmas day here). it was too hot to go out photographing before 5pm so these are all between 5 and 6.30pm, plenty of daylight as it does not get dark until around 9pm in summer.

I'm not a summer person although I like to get out when the sea breeze comes in and starts to cool things down. Mind you Id love to be making snow men right now as we have another hot day on our hands again today

Middleton beach at 5pm Christmas day 07, about 5 minutes drive from home, a great swimming beach

Taken through the trees at Middleton beach Albany at 5pm Christmas day

Emu point is about five minute drive from Middleton beach, very calm bay area that people like to take their very small children to as they don't have waves to deal with. I used to take my sons here when they were really little. Plenty of families picnicking there for Christmas.

Kids and kayak at emu point

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:24 AM   #2

thanks for taking a look :-)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:51 AM   #3

Nice captures and making wish for warmer climes. Wisconsin is cold and snowy and not fun to drive in at all. Share more when you can. It is nice to see such beautiful weather pictures.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:07 AM   #4

Hi there aladyforty,

Great photos of the lovely Albany great Aussie outdoors at this time of the year! I particularly like the "fun" feelings captured in both photos 3 and 5. By the way, I get a flickr message "photo not found" for photos 2 and 4.

Photo 3 is great, because of the movement of the boy - and it's ambiguity (imho). Is he trying to lunge at her, splash her... or in a moment of teenage romance... embrace her from behind? I think this adds interest to the photo, and the photo is so appropriately framed and "separated" by the tree - as well as the slightly "colder" looking (feeling?) female to the left (in the shallower water).

Photo 5, I appreciate because the facial expression of the boy in the canoe and great "angle" of the oars to the horizontals. And the boy following... I think I recognise him from some other of your posts...

Great shots. Hope I can see photos 2 and 4 sometime too, if the flickr links / photos are corrected or fixed somehow.

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:39 AM   #5

thanks sorry about the two missing shots, i have another batch to post taken yesterday at shelly beach