Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:08 AM   #1
spy

There is one place on the Bow River in Calgary that steams up quite a bit in the early hours just before sunrise. This morning was very cold and I had been out walking around for about an hour. I took this shot with no feeling in my fingers. I even had to look to see where the shutter button was as I could not feel it either.

At the time I took this, it was quite dark out and I had no idea that ducks were still resting in the background.

20d, f14, 2 second shutter, ISO 100
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:56 AM   #2

Great picture, i bet your fingers were all numb, i also really like that purple color too, great job
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:15 AM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

spy wrote:
Quote:
There is one place on the Bow River in Calgary that steams up quite a bit in the early hours just before sunrise. This morning was very cold and I had been out walking around for about an hour. I took this shot with no feeling in my fingers. I even had to look to see where the shutter button was as I could not feel it either.

At the time I took this, it was quite dark out and I had no idea that ducks were still resting in the background.

20d, f14, 2 second shutter, ISO 100
Very, very poetic. Excellent. You have not only stamina but also courage to oversee the mandatory sharpness dictature.

I can see many pictures in this single one. I took out the part that is closest to my mind. Thank you, spy

Torgny

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:44 AM   #4

Well done spyHappyis the one whosesufferingpays off!!

The concept somehow reminded me of Steichen' s 'Pond' shot in early 1900's and sold about $3millon a few years ago!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:32 PM   #5
spy

lol! I'll give the first buyer of this photo a deal at $$2.5 million$$ Should jump on this before I change my mind.

Thanks for the comments and can't wait to get out there early tomorrow morning. They predict -30 celcius with the wind chill!!
spy is offline   Reply With Quote