Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:31 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Another beautiful veiw of the church.
Thanks for your comments...they are always welcome and appreciated.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Verytasteful capturedepincting a complete composition

Youmay still trim a little from the top in the name of filling the frame, IMO.

Allowing a link to your earlier post might make it easier to compare and explore : )


http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=8
bahadir, thanks for the link to my link :?and I am going try the cropping a bit from the top and see what it looks like. I always appreciate your input and I think you know that....so keep the critiques coming.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:22 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Very nice photo, great job
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice photo, great job
Thank you hercules....I so appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Verytasteful capturedepincting a complete composition

Youmay still trim a little from the top in the name of filling the frame, IMO.

Allowing a link to your earlier post might make it easier to compare and explore : )


http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=8
bahadir, thanks for the link to my link :?and I am going try the cropping a bit from the top and see what it looks like. I always appreciate your input and I think you know that....so keep the critiques coming.
Okay here is the crop version......
Attached Images
 
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 1:50 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

I think you may decide to send it to POTD (photo of the day) at Steve's

PS.I see a little noise in the blue area which, very probably, may not be present in the original (for that's a iso 400 shot after all!) and which, again, could easily be removed by any noise software.


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:52 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I think you may decide to send it to POTD (photo of the day) at Steve's

PS.I see a little noise in the blue area which, very probably, may not be present in the original (for that's a iso 400 shot after all!) and which, again, could easily be removed by any noise software.

Okay here is what I hope is a minimal noise photo.
Attached Images
 
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:01 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Trojansoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 3,723
Default

Beautiful photo, Mandy. I think I like the original better than the cropped version, but I really can't say why.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 1:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Okay here is what I hope is a minimal noise photo.
Mandy, you seem to havelaunchedan implacablewar against noise : )Howeverthis a bitoverkill,IMO, whichtend to makethefine details smear off slightly along with the noise!!Setting the Noise Filter Settings to ( -20 ) and Noise Reduction Amounts to (55%) would be ample!

Btw, you might also put a hairbreath's distance between the upper frame and thetop of the tree. Becausesometimes and someone'seye may got stuck there to see ifthere's a physical contact




bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:03 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Okay here is what I hope is a minimal noise photo.
Mandy, you seem to havelaunchedan implacablewar against noise : )Howeverthis a bitoverkill,IMO, whichtend to makethefine details smear off slightly along with the noise!!Setting the Noise Filter Settings to ( -20 ) and Noise Reduction Amounts to (55%) would be ample!

Btw, you might also put a hairbreath's distance between the upper frame and thetop of the tree. Becausesometimes and someone'seye may got stuck there to see ifthere's a physical contact



This is such a fun lesson:Geventually I will get it done the right way. Good thing I still have the original so I can start the fun all over again
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:26 PM.