Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:46 AM   #1
spy

This shot was done very fast as we were experiencing -44 celcius with the wind chill. Why was I out in that temperature you ask? Well I didn't plan on leaving the truck and was just going to shoot some other mist photos from inside the heated cab BUT as fate would have it, I drove straight into a snow bank that I didn't see at the crest of a hill so I made the best of the situation and went for a little walk, ....well, run actually.

I kept the camera tucked away in my jacket until I was in position, snapped a few and ran back to the truck and waited to be pulled out from the snow bank.

Good thing I knew a friend with a 4x4 to pull me out so I didn't wait long!! If I had to wait for a tow truck, the news reports on that day was informing everyone that it was a 24 hour wait for service as the city was under a terrible cold snap.

20d, ISO 200, 17 - 85mm
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:47 AM   #2
spy

Attached Images

Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:26 AM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

spy wrote:
Quote:
This shot was done very fast as we were experiencing -44 celcius with the wind chill. Why was I out in that temperature you ask? Well I didn't plan on leaving the truck and was just going to shoot some other mist photos from inside the heated cab BUT as fate would have it, I drove straight into a snow bank that I didn't see at the crest of a hill so I made the best of the situation and went for a little walk, ....well, run actually.

I kept the camera tucked away in my jacket until I was in position, snapped a few and ran back to the truck and waited to be pulled out from the snow bank.

Good thing I knew a friend with a 4x4 to pull me out so I didn't wait long!! If I had to wait for a tow truck, the news reports on that day was informing everyone that it was a 24 hour wait for service as the city was under a terrible cold snap.

20d, ISO 200, 17 - 85mm
Oh, oh, oh. Spy. This is pure art. The first. You really got (one of) your nisch(es) here. Very tasteful. Congratulations

(I have a painting on one of my walls - I´ll take a picture and post it in your thread, with your presupposed ... etc)

Torgny

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:00 AM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:13 AM   #5
spy

Torgny, there is much beauty in capturing the flight of a flock of birds. I was especially interested in the first one.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:07 AM   #6

i love working in the fog it adds mystery to the image . i see you like shooting that spot from the past work you have done there looks great to me . was that dry snow you were working in ? stay safe spy love your work . oakey
oakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:41 PM   #7
spy

Thanks Oakey. Yes, that is dry snow and rocks I was standing in. The water in this little creek flows quite warm here and is a hot bed for all types of ducks and other birds.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:33 AM   #8

thank you spy oneday i will be out that way doing photography . i would like to go to the badlands and shoot in the snow with all the color seen some good images come out of there . in a month or so i will be up in fort mcmurray working plan on doing lots of photography up there landscapes & wildlife . i have checked lots of sites on photography and dont see this kind of work . i see that 1% of the people go out in the bush . i will be one of the few to do it . keep up the good work spy. oakey
oakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:55 AM   #9

spy: great effect!

Drew
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:44 AM   #10
spy

Thanks Drew!