Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:16 PM   #21

Great result, Bahadir. Good timing, exploiting the rain which cleaned the air and made even the distant hills nicely clear.

I have a similar view from my house above Barbarian's Cove; only when the rain clears the smog and dust, I can see the shoreline on the other side.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:54 PM   #22

Thank you for the insightful thoughts, Barbarian! I remember seeing the Barbarian cove in your early pictures. Now, woud like to see your viewof Barbarian's covewith the distant (blue!!) hills after the rain, too : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:15 AM   #23

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shots my friend, colors really stand out
Hey, greatto hear from youagain, arkadaş : ) Τι κάνεις;
Καλα ειμαι φιλε μου just been really busy, after this nice weather we've been having i got my Motocycle running and now it's starting to rain again:?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:30 AM   #24

Hi Bahadir!

Well friend, you have excelled yourself with these 2 stitchworks / panos / HDR's! Excellent work.

I really love the 1st photo, as it shows great detail and has a "natural feel" about it. The colours are great..... vivid yet not seeming too harsh, particularly bearing in mind "just after the rain" DOES leave the earth bright, sweet and clean!

The 2nd more extended pano is also wonderful, and brings the viewer to sweep his or her eyes over the lavish scene time and time again... I just feel like I need it a bit larger to get into the details (e.g. able to see more details of specific houses, other aspects, etc). But yes, then we would REALLY be scrolling along left to right on this post!!!

This is not a criticism (since it's not your "fault"... and yes by the way, I agree good timing with the traffic!)... just that the red sign / advertisement on the bus shelter (I presume that's what it is?) in the foreground is a bit too bright and distracting (as the sun has caught it). Just my honest thoughts, in an otherwise absolutely gorgeous photo.

Lovely view!! ANOTHER reason I must visit you sometime, dear friend - to sample the changing views from your home!!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:01 AM   #25

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Καλα ειμαι φιλε μου just been really busy, after this nice weather we've been having i got my Motocycle running and now it's starting to rain again:?

Thoughsoaked bysome unexpected rain recently!!, I am so happy about these rainy days we share around here Much better than having to have shower with bottled spring water in summer, I suppose:G

.................................................. .....

pj1974wrote:

Quote:
Well friend, you have excelled yourself with these 2 stitchworks / panos / HDR's! Excellent work.
I really love the 1st photo, as it shows great detail and has a "natural feel" about it. The colours are great..... vivid yet not seeming too harsh, particularly bearing in mind "just after the rain" DOES leave the earth bright, sweet and clean!
The 2nd more extended pano is also wonderful, and brings the viewer to sweep his or her eyes over the lavish scene time and time again... I just feel like I need it a bit larger to get into the details (e.g. able to see more details of specific houses, other aspects, etc). But yes, then we would REALLY be scrolling along left to right on this post!!!
This is not a criticism (since it's not your "fault"... and yes by the way, I agree good timing with the traffic!)... just that the red sign / advertisement on the bus shelter (I presume that's what it is?) in the foreground is a bit too bright and distracting (as the sun has caught it). Just my honest thoughts, in an otherwise absolutely gorgeous photo.
Lovely view!! ANOTHER reason I mustvisit you sometime, dear friend - to sample the changing views from your home!!
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking your timefor this quite encouraging in depth feedback

I think I could only fully justify the lighting and colours of a 'post rain'scene with a HDR! Oh, for once again, I am so relievedto hearthatmy HDRretains the 'natural feel', which could be the Achilles' heel of this technique. Btw, you guessed it right! The distracting red object there by the bus station was an advertisement which I, too,considered clonning out...but only sufficed with the pleasure of not having bungled with the whole HDR process:-)Well...I can be a bit lazy (you know, even messy at times ; ) when it comes to editing my pictures:G

...andanother reason could be the really excelled!! home-made wine while sampling the the changing view
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote