Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:29 AM   #11

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
That is excellent.

You know, I have had much more luck (and fun)shooting this type subject with my cameras that use electronic finders or no finders at all other than the LCD on the back....at least, getting it "right" the first time. I can get it right with a DSLR, but usually at the cost of 2-3 frames to tweek the settings vs. doing it right the first shot and moving on. Obviously, given the time to do it right, I prefer the images off the bigger sensors, but they aren't as easy to have on you all the time....unless you don't mind the weight all the time

Using the live histogram and spot metering, I've enjoyed shooting these high contrast/backlit-type scenes with my Panasonic TZ3..
Thank you for your appreciation, Greg! Havingquite enjoyedyour tasteful architectural pictures from your Olympus dslr, I findthe high contrast scenes you pulled of with your Panasonic againtruely inspiring
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:44 PM   #12

Great shot i need to try HDR myself one day, but those pictures are nice and sharp, you probably have a short fuse like i arkadias, thats why i have my own transportation:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:54 AM   #13

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shot i need to try HDR myself one day, but those pictures are nice and sharp, you probably have a short fuse like i arkadias, thats why i have my own transportation:G
Thank you arkadaş! Haven't seen you around for a while...(again!!) If you're considering the HDR my friend (recommended ; )thenget ready for achange in yourpriorities while shooting!!:-)Oh, as for the fuse, let's just saynot a short one but an unreliable one for me which caneven cross the Atlantic at times:G
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:17 PM   #14

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thank you arkadaş! Haven't seen you around for a while...(again!!) If you're considering the HDR my friend (recommended ; )thenget ready for achange in yourpriorities while shooting!!:-)Oh, as for the fuse, let's just saynot a short one but an unreliable one for me which caneven cross the Atlantic at times:G
I have been busy this winter arkadas, i will try a HDR once i learn how:? how is your Pantax and 17-70 lens
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 5:18 PM   #15

hercules wrote:
Quote:
I have been busy this winter arkadas, i will try a HDR once i learn how:? how is your Pantax and 17-70 lens
I'm quite pleased about my combo of Sigma 17-70 and Pentax K10D which can shoot at iso 6400 ; ) http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...=k10d+iso+6400

Hoping to add the 10-20 wide soon