Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
That is excellent.

You know, I have had much more luck (and fun)shooting this type subject with my cameras that use electronic finders or no finders at all other than the LCD on the back....at least, getting it "right" the first time. I can get it right with a DSLR, but usually at the cost of 2-3 frames to tweek the settings vs. doing it right the first shot and moving on. Obviously, given the time to do it right, I prefer the images off the bigger sensors, but they aren't as easy to have on you all the time....unless you don't mind the weight all the time

Using the live histogram and spot metering, I've enjoyed shooting these high contrast/backlit-type scenes with my Panasonic TZ3..
Thank you for your appreciation, Greg! Havingquite enjoyedyour tasteful architectural pictures from your Olympus dslr, I findthe high contrast scenes you pulled of with your Panasonic againtruely inspiring
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:44 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Great shot i need to try HDR myself one day, but those pictures are nice and sharp, you probably have a short fuse like i arkadias, thats why i have my own transportation:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:54 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shot i need to try HDR myself one day, but those pictures are nice and sharp, you probably have a short fuse like i arkadias, thats why i have my own transportation:G
Thank you arkadaş! Haven't seen you around for a while...(again!!) If you're considering the HDR my friend (recommended ; )thenget ready for achange in yourpriorities while shooting!!:-)Oh, as for the fuse, let's just saynot a short one but an unreliable one for me which caneven cross the Atlantic at times:G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:17 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shot i need to try HDR myself one day, but those pictures are nice and sharp, you probably have a short fuse like i arkadias, thats why i have my own transportation:G
Thank you arkadaş! Haven't seen you around for a while...(again!!) If you're considering the HDR my friend (recommended ; )thenget ready for achange in yourpriorities while shooting!!:-)Oh, as for the fuse, let's just saynot a short one but an unreliable one for me which caneven cross the Atlantic at times:G
I have been busy this winter arkadas, i will try a HDR once i learn how:? how is your Pantax and 17-70 lens
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 5:18 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
I have been busy this winter arkadas, i will try a HDR once i learn how:? how is your Pantax and 17-70 lens
I'm quite pleased about my combo of Sigma 17-70 and Pentax K10D which can shoot at iso 6400 ; ) http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...=k10d+iso+6400

Hoping to add the 10-20 wide soon



bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.