Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:25 AM   #1

Spring has been with us for quite some time.The weather lately is pretty misty, paving the way for flowers to blooms and leafbudsto burst. The arcacia on the hillslope is noexception, not only greenbut also yellow,making the sight of thecountrysideeven more spectacular. I captured a few of this spectacular sight and here they are as follows.

Attached Images

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:56 AM   #2

The arcacia's flowers are at the back while the plant at the front withbigger leaves is, I think, theQueen Crape Myrtle. No ideas really.
Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:57 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2008, 6:04 AM   #4

Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:25 AM   #5

wrong entry
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:17 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
Spring has been with us for quite some time.The weather lately is pretty misty, paving the way for flowers to blooms and leafbudsto burst. The arcacia on the hillslope is noexception, not only greenbut also yellow,making the sight of thecountrysideeven more spectacular. I captured a few of this spectacular sight and here they are as follows.

Great pictures. Green and yellow are very close. The first picture, especially the upper part is an impressionistic dream

/T

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:33 PM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:

Number three is one picture of it's kind. Beautiful colours and the structure at the right is less dominant with the leaves covering partially

/T

Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:38 AM   #8

Glad that you like them and thanks for viewing and giving comments.

My purpose with these shots is to make the plane being shot as flat and non-distorted as possible. In this way, objects in the foreground and background will be pressed together, creating an impactful perspective.

The ones here were taken with a fieldscope incorporated with a Nikon P5100 prosumer. The focal length was around 900mm, so compression of the trees in the field was achieved with ease. The day was overcast and pretty windy, so I could not use a small aperture. The aperture used in this case was around f3.8 something, I presume.

Again, thanks for viewing.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:49 PM   #9

I picked this onethatIhad posted in my flickr account, which is similar in context to the above postings.

And this one which is reposted here. The previous posting was in the close-up corner.

Pleasant viewing.

Peter Leung

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wk7leung/

Old May 11, 2008, 2:07 PM   #10

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
And this one which is reposted here. The previous posting was in the close-up corner.

Pleasant viewing.

Peter Leung

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wk7leung/
Thanks, Peter for "the whole fiest". Beautiful winding, snakelike structure

/T