Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 15, 2008, 6:24 AM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

John Maddock wrote:
Quote:
Hasselblad lens? Ha! I wish! :-) Technically I believe the lens hasthe Zeiss name on it, but it's still a commodity point and shoot (and an aging 4MPixel one at that).

Cheers, John.

Met a man some time ago with a analog Hasselblad. There was a bubble lever built in, making it possible to get the horizon 100% correct. His lens also had no distorsion, at the wide end anyhow.

Personally I have to do lens correction in PS. Anyhow, my point is you've got a straight horizon and straight verticals at the right end in the picture. Yes even four megapixels are mostly much, much more than you need

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 7:18 AM   #12

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
That's cool. Do you play in a band? Your work always goes to show that it's not the camera that makes the photo rather the person behind it.
Thanks Mark!

I play folkie kinds of stuff with my father, usually in sessions and the like, all good fun :-)

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 7:20 AM   #13

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Met a man some time ago with a analog Hasselblad. There was a bubble lever built in, making it possible to get the horizon 100% correct. His lens also had no distorsion, at the wide end anyhow.

Personally I have to do lens correction in PS. Anyhow, my point is you've got a straight horizon and straight verticals at the right end in the picture. Yes even four megapixels are mostly much, much more than you need
The image was stitched together from 4 frames using autostitch, so I took care when stitching to get the horizon straight and level: it's one of my pet hates when it isn't, particulary as I never seem to be able to hold the camera straight, and always tilt in the same direction :O

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 8:21 AM   #14
Super Moderator

John Maddock wrote:
Quote:
Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
That's cool. Do you play in a band? Your work always goes to show that it's not the camera that makes the photo rather the person behind it.
Thanks Mark!

I play folkie kinds of stuff with my father, usually in sessions and the like, all good fun :-)

John.
Ideal, I play keyboards in a cover band, we do weddings, corporate events, parties etc, and as you say it's good fun.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 3:44 AM   #15

Beautiful scene nicely captured.........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote