Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 17, 2008, 8:42 PM   #1

Hey guys,
My girlfriend and I were coming home from a ride out to the Kennedy space center on my Goldwing motorcycle. Unbeknownst to me, Just before getting home, Linda shot these from the back of the bike as we were riding around the lake, with my cheap Kodak point & shoot. They could have been great shots if taken with my GX 10 on a tripod but, that's not the point here, what caught my curiosity is the dark shadow descending from the small cloud just to the left of the sun. Normally I would think it was a shower but, no way could that little cloud be holding that much water! And besides that, a few seconds later she got this shot (below) from a slightly different angle. No shower there. Anybody have any ideas what this is?:-?
Sorry for the low quality pics, they were resized for a web page and I lost the originals.
John
Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2008, 8:44 PM   #2

#2 this could have been a nice shot...
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2008, 3:36 PM   #3

Considering the blurr in both images observable especially in the trunk of the palm tree in #2, Ican speculate!! that it couldbe a thin vertical object sthlike a pole (??)Well, at least, I don'tthink it'ssth on the lens or the sensor for it disappeared in the next picture. Eh, shaky maky yet serenely beautiful sunset:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 2:48 PM   #4

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Considering the blurr in both images observable especially in the trunk of the palm tree in #2, Ican speculate!! that it couldbe a thin vertical object sthlike a pole (??)Well, at least, I don'tthink it'ssth on the lens or the sensor for it disappeared in the next picture. Eh, shaky maky yet serenely beautiful sunset:-)
Hmmm… :idea: I think you might have something there Bahadir, I didn't think of that but, it could be something closer to the lens that's not only blurred from the camera shake but also out of focus, thanks.

john