Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 22, 2008, 5:21 AM   #11

Great shots arkadas, i really like the composition in the 2nd picture
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 6:31 AM   #12

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful pictures, Bahadir. Son of Smyrna. Where litterature started and where all the figs come from. Rapsodes in the mountains. You sing along and bring the heritage to those who need it, those without (a) histor(y)

The photographs. Your writing with light. They have a kind of strong, perhaps armed, fragile qualities, making the viewer aware of the importance of beholding and protecting. Handle with care

The gold ages have been
Thank you Torgny!

Mmmmm....''Rapsodes in the mountains''...Yours is a well matchedcontribution to my singing you kindly favoured, distinct with bothyour wordsand between the lines above!Happy to be a son of Smyrna where the Amazons still prevail:-)

As forfigs (ficus carica),in the 19th century theytook awayfigs to be planted in California from the vicinity of my hometown, Izmir and called thatfig variety'Smyrna' which is calledCalimyrna (California+Smyrna) todayBtw, it was the renowned 18th century Swedish botanist Carl von Linne who pointed out that Anatolia is the main genetic origin of fig for he classified this species as Ficus carica L.accordingto Linnenean herbarium (S-Linn),carica referring to Caria, the southaegean partof Anatolia.

Cheers,

Bahadır

.................................................. ...........................

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for letting me know about your preference, my friend. Kind of geography you're familiar with, I believe: )

Btw, thoughhaving donestitching when necessary, I am, too, about to decide the kind of wide angle lens to include more within the frame, butbetween two Sigma's; the 12-24 and the 10-20!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 6:38 AM   #13

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for letting me know about your preference, my friend. Kind of geography you're familiar with, I believe: )

Btw, thoughhaving donestitching when necessary, I am, too, about to decide the kind of wide angle lens to include more within the frame, butbetween two Sigma's; the 12-24 and the 10-20!

Let me know which one you go for Arkadas
Old May 22, 2008, 7:05 AM   #14

hercules wrote:
Quote:
I might even end up with a SigmaSD 14+ 10-20 combo instead of the 12-24!! for its price has significantly dropped :G
Old May 22, 2008, 7:49 AM   #15

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
I might even end up with a SigmaSD 14+ 10-20 combo instead of the 12-24!! for its price has significantly dropped :G
Lol now this is getting confusing, Ουτε ξερουμε τι θελουμε, (i don't think we know what we want):G
Old May 22, 2008, 9:42 AM   #16

Lovely series of shots and scenes.......................musket.

with regards the Sigma SD14.. lots of thumbs down reviews have

forced the price down.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...-32078973.html

................:|...........musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 1:02 AM   #17

hercules wrote:
Quote:
...Lol now this is getting confusing, Ουτε ξερουμε τι θελουμε, (i don't think we know what we want):G
Well, with your fine machines, at least you have a (weighty) choice. To make my first literary contribution to the erudite discussions of this forum, and as the owner of an irremovable 36-432mm equiv. lens, I have to bear in mind that other illustrious poet of bygone ages, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones (age-encrusted pillars of anancient civilisation)....

"You cain't always git wot you war-ornt" - "You can't always get what you want".
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 5:27 AM   #18

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
...Lol now this is getting confusing, Ουτε ξερουμε τι θελουμε, (i don't think we know what we want):G
Well, with your fine machines, at least you have a (weighty) choice. To make my first literary contribution to the erudite discussions of this forum, and as the owner of an irremovable 36-432mm equiv. lens, I have to bear in mind that other illustrious poet of bygone ages, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones (age-encrusted pillars of anancient civilisation)....

"You cain't always git wot you war-ornt" - "You can't always get what you want".
You are right but that Mick even at 65yrs old he sure has a lot of energy on stage
Old May 23, 2008, 5:33 AM   #19

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Lol now this is getting confusing, Ουτε ξερουμε τι θελουμε, (i don't think we know what we want):G
Oh, not at all my friend : ) See some comperative picturesfrom that'cracking' camera with the Fuji S5 known fot its HDR like output. Still, I'd only use in for bright daysI know I'd rather deal with composition,rather than software postprocessing for a decent look...Btw, I'd also like to add that appearing as a supporter of consumingsociety is the least I'd like to become especially on the verge of oil peak! After all you know well how long it took me to get a dslr :-)

musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovely series of shots and scenes.......................musket.

with regards the Sigma SD14.. lots of thumbs down reviews have

forced the price down.
Thank you my friend! Actually the opinions vary dramatically.As far as I understand that's a camera for RAW shooters only.You knowsome bikes and carscan bevery unpredictable for casual riders!Another rumour is that the SD 15 is on the way and Sigma wants to clear the shelves! Anyway, it's better to stick with going out and shooting rather than the equipment :-)

.................................................. .................................

Alan T wrote:

Thank you for dropping by dear Alan! I'm not very sure whom you're addressing but I'd like to let you know that my only lens, Sigma 17-70, has served as a irremoval lens for quite a while since I'vealways favoured treatinga friend drink thanLBA:-)

Cheers!

Old May 23, 2008, 12:07 PM   #20

Number two is beautiful, especially that clean blue sky with moon, that mirrors in the still water.

A gorgeous image.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote