Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 23, 2008, 3:03 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

/T

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2

A very nice shot but to my eyes a bit out of focus.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 1:51 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

alex james wrote:
Quote:
A very nice shot but to my eyes a bit out of focus.
Thank you, Alex. Yes, I had six .jpeg files. None of them was sharp. This was the least out of focus. I will try to do better. Perhaps the focusing is the limit

/T

Old May 25, 2008, 5:10 PM   #4

Liked the shadow on the leaf, which points to adelicate perception

Actually, it's not easy to keep everyting in focus with an aperture as wide as f/2.8,still, responds well to some sharpening, if necessary!!
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 5:23 PM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Actually, it's not easy to keep everyting in focus with an aperture as wide as f/2.8,still, responds well to some sharpening, if necessary!!
Thank you, bahadir. How irritating it is when you see something and take pictures and they are out of focus.

Somewhere in between perhaps. There are five methods for sharpening. Really don't have oversight of the best way to use them

/T

Attached Images

Old May 27, 2008, 12:18 AM   #6

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Thank you, bahadir. How irritating it is when you see something and take pictures and they are out of focus.

Somewhere in between perhaps. There are five methods for sharpening. Really don't have oversight of the best way to use them

/T

In such a scenario, I'd take the 5th option (unsharp mask)andapply it in two steps
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 6:34 AM   #7

Nice shot Torgny, yes unsharp mask and keep applying to your liking, or smart sharpen works good also, set amount to 58% leave radius at 1.0, ensure the remove pop up is set to gaussian blur, turn on the more accurate checkbox then click ok, after PC Control F to run again
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 7:19 PM   #8

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot Torgny, yes unsharp mask and keep applying to your liking, or smart sharpen works good also, set amount to 58% leave radius at 1.0, ensure the remove pop up is set to gaussian blur, turn on the more accurate checkbox then click ok, after PC Control F to run again
Thanks, hercules. Hope I'll be moving from quantity to quality. These techniques will come in handy. Which method doesn't worsen blown highlights? (This picture is taken with a pocket camera without RAW)

/T