Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2008, 3:03 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


/T


Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,427
Default

A very nice shot but to my eyes a bit out of focus.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 1:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


alex james wrote:
Quote:
A very nice shot but to my eyes a bit out of focus.
Thank you, Alex. Yes, I had six .jpeg files. None of them was sharp. This was the least out of focus. I will try to do better. Perhaps the focusing is the limit

/T


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 5:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Liked the shadow on the leaf, which points to adelicate perception

Actually, it's not easy to keep everyting in focus with an aperture as wide as f/2.8,still, responds well to some sharpening, if necessary!!
Attached Images
 
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 5:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Liked the shadow on the leaf, which points to adelicate perception

Actually, it's not easy to keep everyting in focus with an aperture as wide as f/2.8,still, responds well to some sharpening, if necessary!!
Thank you, bahadir. How irritating it is when you see something and take pictures and they are out of focus.

Somewhere in between perhaps. There are five methods for sharpening. Really don't have oversight of the best way to use them

/T


Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 12:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Liked the shadow on the leaf, which points to adelicate perception

Actually, it's not easy to keep everyting in focus with an aperture as wide as f/2.8,still, responds well to some sharpening, if necessary!!
Thank you, bahadir. How irritating it is when you see something and take pictures and they are out of focus.

Somewhere in between perhaps. There are five methods for sharpening. Really don't have oversight of the best way to use them

/T

In such a scenario, I'd take the 5th option (unsharp mask)andapply it in two steps
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 6:34 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Nice shot Torgny, yes unsharp mask and keep applying to your liking, or smart sharpen works good also, set amount to 58% leave radius at 1.0, ensure the remove pop up is set to gaussian blur, turn on the more accurate checkbox then click ok, after PC Control F to run again
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 7:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot Torgny, yes unsharp mask and keep applying to your liking, or smart sharpen works good also, set amount to 58% leave radius at 1.0, ensure the remove pop up is set to gaussian blur, turn on the more accurate checkbox then click ok, after PC Control F to run again
Thanks, hercules. Hope I'll be moving from quantity to quality. These techniques will come in handy. Which method doesn't worsen blown highlights? (This picture is taken with a pocket camera without RAW)

/T


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:46 AM.