Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:10 PM   #1

Last week,having taken my wifefrom her workplace for lunch,I decidedtowalk home while shooting some pictures of the hills fromvarying perspectives! Thesea view of my house is often determined by these hills behind it, thanks to the cloudsreleasedby themweekly : )

1) So, I started to walk for miles...along the shore...

2) ...besidethe dried grassfields...

3) ...by somewild gardens...

4) ....under the viaducts...

5) ....by the time I came near home after an hour's walk, having completed3/4 of my route, the clouds had alreadyleft to hangover the city!

6) Update! Ah, perhaps I should have started withthe sea view of my house which relied on the above mentioned hills...

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:39 PM   #2

Very nice my friend! It's interesting… here we are, thousands of miles apart and any one of those pictures could just as well have been taken here in the states. Funny how people get an image built in their mind about what some other country is like and, it turns out to be totally wrong…
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:20 PM   #3

Looks like a beautiful place you live in Bahadir. Lots of photo ops. Thanks for sharing them.

~Mandy
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:51 PM   #4

#3 is awesome. The foreground, the house, the landscape behind and the clouds above support each other harmoniously. Exposure, details and sharpness are all in place. The miles were worth walked.

Peter
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:09 AM   #5

Great series, no excuses for subject material..:-).................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:44 AM   #6

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Very nice my friend! It's interesting… here we are, thousands of miles apart and any one of those pictures could just as well have been taken here in the states. Funny how people get an image built in their mind about what some other country is like and, it turns out to be totally wrong…
Thank you for your thought provoking feedback my friend

I might have walked much much more than I thought that day!! :-)Oh, I sometimes really do that!Well, joke aside, photography is a greattool to learn justlike reading and travelling (at which you're also good at, goldwinger!) Actually,Anatoliahasa diverse geography and climates where you cango skiing andenjoy swimming in the sea on the same day! I think you can compareTurkey to Oregon and California at the same time! inthis regard, becauseTurkeyplaces first in hazelnut (over 75 %)as well as fig and apricot production in the world. You know, Oregonis the largest hazelnut producer in theStateswhileCalifornia places first in fig and apricot production there

jeephotog wrote:

Quote:
Looks like a beautiful place you live in Bahadir. Lots of photo ops. Thanks for sharing them.

~Mandy
Happy to readyour kind words of appreciation Mandy : ) I shouldtease myselfwith the photo opportunities I miss more often, I think :|

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
#3 is awesome. The foreground, the house, the landscape behind and the clouds above support each other harmoniously. Exposure, details and sharpness are all in place. The miles were worth walked.
Thank you forletting me know about your opinion as well your preference, Peter. I rememberfeelingpleased both before and after shooting it,despitethe discomfort of standing on a wall unsupported (except foran unreliablebreeze!) with my gear. Actually, as you have pointed out,I can't think of a single long walk which hasn'tworth it; )

Btw, all the pictures above are HDR outputsof bracketed exposures..

musket wrote:
Quote:
Hey,you made my day with yourkindcompliment!

Wish someday we can perform a 'landscape' duet about here including some antiquity as well, my friend:-)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:57 AM   #7

Wonderful, bahadir!

I've been missing your cloudscapes. I remember your panorama that made me feel I was viewing in stereoscopic 3-D vision.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:44 AM   #8

musket wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey,you made my day with yourkindcompliment!

Wish someday we can perform a 'landscape' duet about here including some antiquity as well, my friend:-)

Couldn't find any duet video's.....but there's always the dance ones :-)

Dance party in Izmir

..................:-D..........musket.

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:37 AM   #9

I also like #3 the best but it is a good series. Some of the best HDR I've ever seen because it doesn't look like HDR, just very good photos.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:12 PM   #10

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful, bahadir!

I've been missing your cloudscapes. I remember your panorama that made me feel I was viewing in stereoscopic 3-D vision.
Dear Alan, thank you so much forthe great incentive!You know I do love the clouds too, so Iwish I'll come up with sth. again to meet your keen taste : )

.................................................. .............

musket wrote:
Quote:
Couldn't find any duet video's.....but there's always the dance ones :-)

Dance party in Izmir

..................:-D..........musket
Oh, have I missed the party ?? :homey:

.................................................. ..............

ac.smith wrote:

Quote:
I also like #3 the best but it is a good series. Some of the best HDR I've ever seen because it doesn't look like HDR, just very good photos.
Thank you letting me know about your esteemed opinion : ) I suppose awell exposedfirst shot with '0' ev determines the the following shotsto go into the HDR andthus the output!Therefore, assigning the best exposed one in the bunch as '0' and edit the others accordingly could work