Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:06 PM   #1

Shot these with a Panasonic FZ50, Captured RAW and processed using Silkypix..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2008, 2:14 AM   #2

Very tasteful and crisp pictures of landscape arcitecture , Greg I'm especially drawn in by #1, #4 and #5! I was playing around a friend's point and shoot Panny yesterday, and amazed to see even that one had the O.I.Sand providingaspect ratios of 3:2 and 16:9 besides the 4:3!

So, you're using the Silkypix for the Raw conversionof these silky smooth images : )...Iused the pentax photo laboratory (ppl) for a while which is known to be a simplified Silkypix, but now using the CS3.Iwonderif yours has a feature similar to 'fill light' in Photoshop:roll:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:40 AM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Very tasteful and crisp pictures of landscape arcitecture , Greg I'm especially drawn in by #1, #4 and #5! I was playing around a friend's point and shoot Panny yesterday, and amazed to see even that one had the O.I.Sand providingaspect ratios of 3:2 and 16:9 besides the 4:3!

So, you're using the Silkypix for the Raw conversionof these silky smooth images : )...Iused the pentax photo laboratory (ppl) for a while which is known to be a simplified Silkypix, but now using the CS3.Iwonderif yours has a feature similar to 'fill light' in Photoshop:roll:
Thank you, Bahadir!

Yes, Panasonic offers a lot in terms offeatures. Sometimes the in-cameraprocessing can be a little overbearing in JPEG capture, but for screen-sized viewing and making prints up to around11x14, they can create some very nice looking files.

The Silkypix converter came bundled with the FZ50 and is a pretty cool little processor. I also have access to Adobe Camera RAW via Photoshop CS2....I need a new computer before going up to CS3 or Lightroom(!), but I like the way this program converts the FZ50 RAW files. I have not noticed a fill light or backlight control, but then again I know there are several tools I have not yetfully explored in Silkypix. I'll often do the basic conversion then mess with the JPEG's some more in Photoshop.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:18 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Greg Chappell wrote:

Quote:
Shot these with a Panasonic FZ50, Captured RAW and processed using Silkypix..
Thank you for presenting the pictures. The FZ50 is a great versatile tool, giving everything from superb macros to tele photos. I want one as a all in one solution

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote