2、
Attached Images

tiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:09 AM   #3

3、
Attached Images

Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:58 PM   #4

I visited this lake garden many many years ago in a winter. The time was around 4pm and the landscape was pretty golden as trees were mostly without leaves and the sun was becoming lower. The gust wrinkled the water surface on which thesunlight glistened. I remember that thetrails in thegardenwere long and winding, leading you from time to time to different spots where youcould either stopand take a rest or climb a fewstaircases to gettoa higher position where you couldsee high as in the case of, for example, a pagoda; I hoped Iam not wrong with my memory but there was a2 to 3-storey pagoda in the garden where one could do so to see from the horizon. Really like the walk there. We never have parks of this size in Hong Kong.

Nice seeing the photos. They brought back many a good memory of the last visit to Nanjing.

Saw the lotus leaves on the water surface but not a single stalk of lotus flower was found. Is the time still not ripe for the lotus now? I don't know why but in Hong Kong, the time now should be right for the lotus to bloom, but ... these days, I seldom saw themaround in gardens and favourite sites where people flock to forlotus shooting. Peter
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:14 PM   #5

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
I visited this lake garden many many years ago in a winter. The time was around 4pm and the landscape was pretty golden as trees were mostly without leaves and the sun was becoming lower. The gust wrinkled the water surface on which thesunlight glistened. I remember that thetrails in thegardenwere long and winding, leading you from time to time to different spots where youcould either stopand take a rest or climb a fewstaircases to gettoa higher position where you couldsee high as in the case of, for example, a pagoda; I hoped Iam not wrong with my memory but there was a2 to 3-storey pagoda in the garden where one could do so to see from the horizon. Really like the walk there. We never have parks of this size in Hong Kong.

Nice seeing the photos. They brought back many a good memory of the last visit to Nanjing.

Saw the lotus leaves on the water surface but not a single stalk of lotus flower was found. Is the time still not ripe for the lotus now? I don't know why but in Hong Kong, the time now should be right for the lotus to bloom, but ... these days, I seldom saw themaround in gardens and favourite sites where people flock to forlotus shooting. Peter
Thanks for your reply. It's time for lotus flower just and wellcome you to Nanjng for a trip again.

Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:24 AM   #6

Thanks, Triant.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote