Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:31 PM   #1

Also testing multiple links in a single message
TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:19 AM   #2

The photos to me look a little blurry unless my eyes are not seeing them right
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:25 AM   #3

You're right they are blurry, its exactly the effect I was going for :G. Seriously though, the pictures were taken hand-held since I didn't have my tripod. The built in IS of the Oly E-510 helped somewhat but it was being pushed to its limits.

The saturation on the camera was set to muted. In retrospect I should have used neutral or vivid for the shot. When I boosted the colors to what I remember them to be there was noise introduced into the dark areas. To get rid of that noise considerable noise reduction added in PE3 to account for artifacts in the dark areas.

Additionally, those photos were not taken with a wide lens and some of the lack of focus is from haze in the air over that distance. Given what I was working with they came out better than I thought they would. The E-510, although a good all around camera with good kit lenses does suffer a little from DR issues. This is one case where they were manifested. Thanks for the comments.

Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:12 AM   #4

TBAY wrote:
Quote:
You're right they are blurry, its exactly the effect I was going for :G. Seriously though, the pictures were taken hand-held since I didn't have my tripod. The built in IS of the Oly E-510 helped somewhat but it was being pushed to its limits.

The saturation on the camera was set to muted. In retrospect I should have used neutral or vivid for the shot. When I boosted the colors to what I remember them to be there was noise introduced into the dark areas. To get rid of that noise considerable noise reduction added in PE3 to account for artifacts in the dark areas.

Additionally, those photos were not taken with a wide lens and some of the lack of focus is from haze in the air over that distance. Given what I was working with they came out better than I thought they would. The E-510, although a good all around camera with good kit lenses does suffer a little from DR issues. This is one case where they were manifested. Thanks for the comments.

Good job then for being hand held speaking of camera and lens, i have the 400D with 17-85 IS and now tomorrow i will have a new sigma 18-200 OS sent to me because the first 18-200 was defected and couldn't be fixed to much hassle if you ask me, but i am really considering to buy the Fuji S100fs for an all around camera i have heard great things on that one
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:01 PM   #5

i like the layered effect, particularly in the first one...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:21 PM   #6

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i like the layered effect, particularly in the first one...
I had to sit a bit and think about why they get lighter rather than darker as they get further ayay but I believe that is from the haze progressively lightening the mountains the further away you get. Initally I thought it might be due to the effect of the sun but that didn't make sense.

Part of the overall effect and why I thought the photo workedis the relative uniforminty of the color on each peak. It makes each seem very two dimensional yet the third dimension is suggested by, as you said "the layer effect". Thanks for the comments and taking the time to stop in.