Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:05 PM   #1

Mount Rainier (14,400 foot volcano in Washington State)

Hiking up to the Glaciers

Rainier Alpine Meadows (too high for trees, elevation 7000ft)

Cross section of dense blue glacial ice

Four climbers at the top of the photo (tiny specks about 10,000 feet up). I didn't see them in the photo till I got home!

Thanks for looking. In some places the snow drifts were 5-10 feet even at the end of July. It was still left over from 950 inches of snow last winter. A few years ago Paradise Station received 1200 inches!
TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:09 AM   #2

That's been a great series!Extremely tempting for a hiker : ) I especially liked #3 in which the magical path lined with flowers leads the observer toa rocky and snowy summittouching theclouds...Ah, #4 also,with its flowery foreground against a background of the icy rocks does not go unnoticed

Btw, I'd even call it double success regarding yourtest of puttingmultiple links in one post you've mentioned:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:42 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

TBAY

Thanks for this great tempting photo series. Enjoyed every one of the pictures. Also cooling in the summer's heat

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:55 AM   #4

Great series of shots, that must be some hike though
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:03 PM   #5

love Mt. Rainier... i need to get back there again one of these days soon, before the lousy weather socks in again for the winter...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:25 PM   #6

Great mountain shots....................................... .musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:27 PM   #7

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
love Mt. Rainier... i need to get back there again one of these days soon, before the lousy weather socks in again for the winter...
I noticed your avatar indicates you're from the area. This was my fourth time in Seatlle for work (Boeing) but the first time I've been to Rainier. I've been to most of the Boeing locations throughout the country and that area is one of the few I would consider moving to. You certainly do have wonderful scenary there. My next trip I want to get out to the Olympic Penninsula. It looks like photographic opportunities abound there too. Thanks for stopping in and commenting.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:35 PM   #8

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
TBAY

Thanks for this great tempting photo series. Enjoyed every one of the pictures. Also cooling in the summer's heat

Torgny

I would love to see the scenary in Sweden some time. My last trip abroad early this year was to England and Wales. Much different there so far as mountain terrain goes. I would imagine Sweden to be much more like Pacific Northwest of USA than where I live on the East coast or where I was in England. Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

BTW: It was 37 C when I left from NJ. It was still in 23 C at that elevation. I was sweating in a t-shirt and shorts. It was nice to wash my face using the water from the glacier fed streams though.